|FUDforum 2.5.1 Released [message #12156]
||Tue, 29 July 2003 22:27
The long awaited (and promised) 2.5.1 is out.|
I believe that the long delay had payed off since many bugs were fixed and in the last several days I have had not reproducible reports. So, here were are .
Largish list of bug fixes
- Fixed memory_limit issues in the upgrade & install scripts
- Fixed a bug in message editor when editing sections with common names
- Fixed function name typo in the code implementing replacements
- Fixed a typo on moderation que that resulted in a parse error
- Make mini-pager consider user's settings (messages per page) when drawing the pager.
- Replaced mod alias with md to prevent namespace conflicts with MySQL 4.1
- Fixed a possible query error when adding 1st category
- Fixed a bug that caused optimizer to corrupt "new class();"
- Fixed a possible query failure in the consistency checker.
- Fixed a problem with 'mark all read' code
- Fixed the code responsible for determination of whether the avatar or the level image should be displayed.
- Restore showing of user ips to moderators
- Various PATH_INFO template & source code fixes.
- Fixed query that showed wrong recipient in Sent folder for PM.
- Fixed a Post Notification default value.
- Removed various 'dead' code.
- Make forum navigation select use VISIBLE instead of READ permission to determine which forums to display.
- Fixed variable name confusion in forum manager.
- Added a check for forum & group name association.
- Optimize user information verification.
- Make the select box use the VISIBLE permission rather then READ permission when determining the forums for the search select.
- Fixed a bug that caused Unanswered Posts link to disappear.
- Fixed condition that determines whether or not to show user's online status in pm control panel.
- Make sure that the file pointer is at the end of the message file before doing ftell(). Should solve the rare problems where message bodies are blank.
- Shorten index names to prevent problems with PostgreSQL 7.2.X
- Many fixed to the forum data dump/import process.
- Make consistency checker work with PostgreSQL.
- Block any error or warning messages generated by highlight_string().
- Do not show warnings when set_time_limit() fails on safe_mode enabled systems.
- Correct colspan for announcement row.
- Fixed a bug that made regular group members appear as leaders.
- Optimize file_get_contents() emulation.
- E-mail escaping of \n. sequence.
- Make buffer for URLs and php://stdin for file_get_contents() more reasonable.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent addition of group leaders with simular nick names.
- Added set_magic_quotes_runtime(0); so that systems with magic_quotes_runtime enabled won't experience problems.
- Added code to ensure that announcement & forum association is properly generated.
bulgarian translation has 99 untranslated strings
chinese translation has 33 untranslated strings
romanian translation has 69 untranslated strings
french translation has 58 untranslated strings
german translation has 93 untranslated strings
italian translation has 200 untranslated strings
latvian translation has 125 untranslated strings
polish translation has 101 untranslated strings
russian translation has 55 untranslated strings
spanish translation has 179 untranslated strings
swedish translation has 62 untranslated strings
turkish translation has 48 untranslated strings
portuguese translation has 64 untranslated strings
norwegian translation has 116 untranslated strings
russian-1251 translation has 55 untranslated strings
czech translation has 101 untranslated strings
slovak translation has 983 untranslated strings
dutch translation has 197 untranslated strings
chinese_big5 translation has 80 untranslated strings
TODO list for translations is attached.
Few new features
- XMB -> FUDforum conversion script.
- Added message navigator
- Added the ability to limit mass e-mail sending to members of a particular group.
- Added code for e-mail notification for Private Messages.
- Allow admin to easily turn on/off PDF/XML links.
- Added functionality to member list that allows the admin to quickly delete, edit and ban/unban users via links beside each user name.
FUDforum Core Developer