FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Admin forum hack
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Admin forum hack [message #13186] Wed, 24 September 2003 17:55 Go to next message
aitor is currently offline  aitor   Spain
Hacked the fud 2.5.3 to allow order all forums in a category by name, description, id (time in where was inserted) and also order by position, fixing the bug when moving forums in a category.

Hope that it could be integrated in future releases of this great forum. Razz

path for the file adm/admforum.php
Re: Admin forum hack [message #13190 is a reply to message #13186] Wed, 24 September 2003 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
What "bug when moving forums" are you referring to? I was un aware that there is still a bug with that code.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin forum hack [message #13193 is a reply to message #13190] Wed, 24 September 2003 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you go to set the position of a forum, sometimes there are more than one with same position. por example position 11 y get it 4 times and can´t change one of they with other because same position, with this hack all of they get a unique number so you can move they.
Re: Admin forum hack [message #13195 is a reply to message #13193] Wed, 24 September 2003 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
This hack forces the rebuilding of all positions when you click order by position it does not actualy prevent the bug from happening, which is the real problem. I'll try to replicate the bug, but I have not been able to replicate it on any of my test forums.
As far as the order by name, description & date of creation that is something I'll introduce in next release, thanks for the suggestion.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin forum hack [message #13196 is a reply to message #13195] Wed, 24 September 2003 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes the hack rebuilds the position number and that is how it fixes the bug.

I started with 2.5.1 and create more that 100 forums in 10 categorys.

Trying to order one i get some of they with same color and can´t change with they. looking at the db i show that they have position 11 and looking at the code what you make is a replace of the position between they so there is no way to change the forums that have position 11. because they four with position 11 goes to the selected position. with the position hack you prevent to be reindexed starting from 1, this way all the forums that are in position 11 get diferent number so you can change they to the position you want.

Try this create four forums and asign to two of they same position. you can´t move they from position because use same position number.
Re: Admin forum hack [message #13197 is a reply to message #13196] Wed, 24 September 2003 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Assigning the same position two more then 1 forum is a bug, and system should prevent it, At worst a consistency checker will fix this by rebuilding the entire order from scratch. However, assigning the same order id to >1 forum must not happen, that's a bug...

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin forum hack [message #13199 is a reply to message #13197] Wed, 24 September 2003 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, it is a bug, no sure when it is created but i come from this thread
http://fud.prohost.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=13185&rid=1118#ms g_13185
They say; This is something fixed in later releases
and i update my sistem using 2.5.3 but nothing fixes and I continue with same trouble can´t manage forums order, and i make a hack that allows me to work correctly with forums, fast order they for when i move they from one forum to other etc.

I have not learn how works fud internally onli 3 days with it and very happy, fast, stenght and secure, only this problem found.

Re: Admin forum hack [message #13201 is a reply to message #13199] Wed, 24 September 2003 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Did you have a this problem prior to 2.5.3 upgrade and the upgrade failed to fix it, or did this problem occur after you upraded?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin forum hack [message #13202 is a reply to message #13201] Wed, 24 September 2003 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem i get in 2.5.1 and imported the db in 2.5.3 no upgrade script when i download it.

I moved the site and all the info but i continue having the 2.5.1 in the previous site. I can try later the upgrade script and see if it fixes the problem.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 September 2003 20:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Admin forum hack [message #13203 is a reply to message #13202] Wed, 24 September 2003 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I've just spent a few minutes playing with the odering of the forums on my test machine and was unable to replicate the problem. As far as I recall the issue was resolved in one of the previous releases.

As for continuation of the problem, I've reviewed the consistency checker and it does not appear to fix/validate forum order. I will add that code in shortly.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin forum hack [message #13204 is a reply to message #13203] Wed, 24 September 2003 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I run the upgrade in the previous site that has 2.5.1 to 2.5.3 and it is not solved. I send you a screen capture looking the bug.
Re: Admin forum hack [message #13206 is a reply to message #13204] Wed, 24 September 2003 20:36 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Yes I know, as I've said before the consistency checker did not automatically fix the problem and the upcomming release has an improved consistency checker which does.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: chinese search
Next Topic: Anonymous poll votes
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 19:11:30 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02365 seconds