FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » How to upgrade?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  How to upgrade? [message #1585] Fri, 19 April 2002 10:26 Go to next message
Kerhold is currently offline  Kerhold   Poland

Hi there!

I have already translated most of strings in msg file to Polish but I have one question - how to make sure that there is no new strings totranslate in new versions right now? Should I get English msg from CVS and diff it with that from Alpha version?

I have also additional question. How is upgrade process being performed when new version of FUDforum 2.0 appears?

Best regards,

Kerhold Cool

Common sense is not so common.
Re: How to upgrade? [message #1586 is a reply to message #1585] Fri, 19 April 2002 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basse is currently offline  basse   Finland
Kerhold wrote on Fri, 19 April 2002 1:26 PM

I have already translated most of strings in msg file to Polish but I have one question - how to make sure that there is no new strings totranslate in new versions right now? Should I get English msg from CVS and diff it with that from Alpha version?

I have translated the forum to Swedish, so I have had the same questions.

The main developers have continuously added new strings to the msg file. This means that you should definitely get the most recent msg file from CVS and compare it to the one on your computer. All the new strings are added to the end of the file, which makes it quite easy to find them. There will probably be more strings to add the the file yet, as I recently found a couple of hardcoded strings in the forum code.
Re: How to upgrade? [message #1598 is a reply to message #1585] Fri, 19 April 2002 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Kerhold wrote on Fri, 19 April 2002 6:26 AM

Hi there!

I have also additional question. How is upgrade process being performed when new version of FUDforum 2.0 appears?

Best regards,

Kerhold Cool

Kerhold, if you send your current polish file, I can add it to CVS and then my shell script will automatically append new strings to it whenever they are added. That way you can checkout the polish file from the CVS and at the bottom of it there will be new string s, if there are any.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How to upgrade? [message #1599 is a reply to message #1585] Fri, 19 April 2002 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
As for upgrading, there will be a conversion script from 1.2X forum, to 2.0. It will be simular to the current update scripts used to upgrade 1.2X version.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How to upgrade? [message #1604 is a reply to message #1598] Fri, 19 April 2002 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

prottoss wrote on Fri, 19 April 2002 5:30 PM

Kerhold, if you send your current polish file, I can add it to CVS and then my shell script will automatically append new strings to it whenever they are added. That way you can checkout the polish file from the CVS and at the bottom of it there will be new string s, if there are any.

Ok. I will soon do it.
Maybe on Monday.

I have an additional question. Is help also to be translated? Is it also part of localization?

Best regards,

Kerhold Cool

Re: How to upgrade? [message #1605 is a reply to message #1604] Fri, 19 April 2002 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Help "will" be translated, but we are leaving it out for now...

Because it MAY be re-written by 2.0 from scratch.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How to upgrade? [message #1608 is a reply to message #1605] Fri, 19 April 2002 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok.

Is some roadmap of FUDforum2 available? I mean, do you know when we may expect stable version of FUDforum2?

Best regards,

Kerhold Cool

Ps. Is it possible to remove my own post?

[Updated on: Fri, 19 April 2002 20:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to upgrade? [message #1610 is a reply to message #1608] Fri, 19 April 2002 21:00 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
No Message Body

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Spelling in admin panel
Next Topic: Compilation of templates under safe_mode
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:30:04 GMT 2024