FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Attach mangled sig to mailing list postings
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Attach mangled sig to mailing list postings [message #15568] Fri, 19 December 2003 13:47 Go to next message
Squeebee is currently offline  Squeebee   Canada
Hi Ilia;

I have been using my forum's mailing list mirrors to respond to mailing lists and here's a couple of suggestions I would make:

1) If text is defined as a quote with fudcode, convert it to lines prepended with >, for bonus points do the reverse and take a block of > prepended lined and convert them to a quote.

2) When I send a reply through the forums I have to manually sign the message, resulting in a double-sig for anyone viewing through the forums. It may be beneficial to have the user's sig attached with all images/fudcode/html stripped.

Anyway, they are just ideas, your forum software continues to be excellent.
Re: Attach mangled sig to mailing list postings [message #15572 is a reply to message #15568] Fri, 19 December 2003 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Quote:

1) If text is defined as a quote with fudcode, convert it to lines prepended with >, for bonus points do the reverse and take a block of > prepended lined and convert them to a quote.

Converting quote to > should be possible, the reverse is nearly impossible to implement (I've tried it before).

Quote:

2) When I send a reply through the forums I have to manually sign the message, resulting in a double-sig for anyone viewing through the forums. It may be beneficial to have the user's sig attached with all images/fudcode/html stripped.

Good point, I'll look into it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Attach mangled sig to mailing list postings [message #16047 is a reply to message #15568] Mon, 12 January 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see that accoring to the 2.6.0 release announcement this made it in. Thankyou very much!
Re: Attach mangled sig to mailing list postings [message #16422 is a reply to message #15568] Thu, 29 January 2004 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am just selectively updating from CVS, can you tell me what source file these changes affected?
Re: Attach mangled sig to mailing list postings [message #16423 is a reply to message #15568] Thu, 29 January 2004 22:18 Go to previous message
Nevermind, found it in a CVS search.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Multiple topic hits in RDF feed
Next Topic: NNTP suggestion
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 21:26:24 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03125 seconds