FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Special Flag for users created by mailing lists and newsgroups
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Special Flag for users created by mailing lists and newsgroups [message #15707] Fri, 02 January 2004 13:49 Go to next message
Squeebee is currently offline  Squeebee   Canada
Hi Ilia;

Here an idea for you. I like the idea of creating users automatically when a message comes in as it allows you to see the authors when looking at the mailing list mirror instead of just seeing "anonymous" for every user. That being said I do not use the feature. The reason why not is that I don't like having my registered user count statistic artificially inflated, and I do not like seeing all the auto-generated users in my members list.

So my suggestion is this: add a flag column to the user table and set the flag when a user is auto-generated so that a board administrator can optionally choose to have those users omitted from the member listing and the member count.

Just a thought...
Re: Special Flag for users created by mailing lists and newsgroups [message #15716 is a reply to message #15707] Fri, 02 January 2004 15:59 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Nope, a user is a user. Making distinction between users would make things slow.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FAQ modding...
Next Topic: "Mark forum / thread as read" made easier?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 22:46:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02408 seconds