FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » "Mark forum / thread as read" made easier?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
"Mark forum / thread as read" made easier? [message #15720] Fri, 02 January 2004 16:59 Go to next message
Wild_Cat is currently offline  Wild_Cat   Ukraine
This could be a nice lil feature to add such a link to the lightbulb - to not have to enter the forum to mark it as read (1 click shorter and more obvious than in the very bottom). And taking into consideration that undear posts are not always marked as read for some reason, it could be interesting too to add a similar link to the lightbulb in topics list (not obvious at all to have it all read if one uses threaded view by default which is quite useful if one deosn't want to load already read long messages in 'eloquent' threads).

Well, I guess, it's easy enough for me trying to make such a hack for myself, but I thought may be this idea will fit into your image of ease of use for the visitors too...

Lady of Avalon
Re: "Mark forum / thread as read" made easier? [message #15723 is a reply to message #15720] Fri, 02 January 2004 18:42 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Make the lightbulb a link is not intuitive, most people (myself included) would think it's a link to a forum rather then mark forum/topic read.

Adding more links on pages already full of them would do more bad then good since it'll make things overly complicated and confusing.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Special Flag for users created by mailing lists and newsgroups
Next Topic: Turning ICQ flags on/off
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 19:13:50 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02958 seconds