FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » User list in admin panel
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
User list in admin panel [message #16369] Tue, 27 January 2004 08:42 Go to next message
math_adm is currently offline  math_adm   France
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Hi

I was hunting stupid login names in my forum (users that login with "toto" and such) so I typed "*" in the user manager of the admin panel. But it does not list all users ! Only the 50 first ones !

To get at the others, I must "return to forum" and click "members", then find the logins I want to change, then return to admin panel and user manager, then type the user name...

That's too long !

Could you add a simple "next page/previous page" navigation at the end of the match list in the user manager ?

Or maybe an option to dump all the user names to a txt file ? Or selectable user info fields compiled into a comma-separated text file I can easily import in any spreadsheet program ?
Re: User list in admin panel [message #16371 is a reply to message #16369] Tue, 27 January 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
Just execute an SQL query if you need that information.
If you need to search by make just enter [mask]*, which would find all usernames who's name start with [mask].

FUDforum Core Developer
Re : Re: User list in admin panel [message #16396 is a reply to message #16371] Wed, 28 January 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
math_adm is currently offline  math_adm   France
add to buddy list
Ilia a écrit le mar, 27 janvier 2004 12:54

Just execute an SQL query if you need that information.

I would if I had access to the database directly. Moreover, I think it would be much more convenient to have this directly in the admin panel and subject to the forum administrator password.

Quote:

If you need to search by make just enter [mask]*, which would find all usernames who's name start with [mask].

I know. I just wanted to have a list of ALL users.

Re: Re : Re: User list in admin panel [message #16399 is a reply to message #16396] Wed, 28 January 2004 10:06 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
To execute this query and get the data with PHP is exactly 5 lines of code. I really don't see a need to fetch all users via the forum. You already have a memberlist that does it and admin control panel which can search through users.

FUDforum Core Developer
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: NNTP suggestion 2
Next Topic: rdf.php accept multiple cat arguments
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 19:21:36 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00745 seconds