FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » First post as description in topics RSS feed
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
First post as description in topics RSS feed [message #16655] Tue, 10 February 2004 19:49 Go to next message
Squeebee is currently offline  Squeebee   Canada
Hi Ilia!

Yet another entry in the endless stream of suggestions:

I am working on a News section for my site, and I was planning on just parsing an rss feed of an announcements forum from my forums section. I was originally going to use a message feed, but comments on the accouncements would wind up on the main page. I would use a topic list but I need the body of the first post, and the feed only gives the number of the last post.

My suggestion is this:

Add a description tag to the topic feed, and place the body of the first post in the description tag. This will give a subscriber to the feed some idea of what the topic is about.
Re: First post as description in topics RSS feed [message #16657 is a reply to message #16655] Tue, 10 February 2004 20:02 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
RSS feed is primarily intended for external sites, for local sites I am working an API, which would allow for a pretty fast retrieval of data without HTTP layer in between.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Alternative registration pr. cell phone?
Next Topic: Code Features
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 25 16:27:42 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02755 seconds