FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Security option: profiles invisible to anon users
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Security option: profiles invisible to anon users [message #16667] Wed, 11 February 2004 02:08 Go to next message
Delta is currently offline  Delta   United States
This would be a nice feature. It would make profiles more useful for members, knowing that only other members could see them.
Re: Security option: profiles invisible to anon users [message #16702 is a reply to message #16667] Fri, 13 February 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
I second that suggestion. Boards like Invision already implemented it. I think the Admin him-/herself should be able to decide whether a list of members is available to the public or not. Also, this would be a key feature phpBB hasn't got and another argument for people to switch to FUD Wink.

Olliver
Re : Re: Security option: profiles invisible to anon users [message #16704 is a reply to message #16702] Fri, 13 February 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
math_adm is currently offline  math_adm   France
Olliver a écrit le ven, 13 février 2004 07:10

I second that suggestion.

Me too.
Re: Security option: profiles invisible to anon users [message #16711 is a reply to message #16702] Fri, 13 February 2004 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can already disable Member Search (member list), since 2.6.0 you can specify whether you want to disable it for everyone (other then admin) or just anon users.

However, I assume that you also want a flag that would disallow viewing of individual profiles by anon user? If so that is something RC2 will add.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Security option: profiles invisible to anon users [message #16714 is a reply to message #16711] Fri, 13 February 2004 15:58 Go to previous message
Olliver   Germany
Speaking of me, the latter was the point I was aiming at. Great news it will be implemented with the next RC.

Thanks a lot for your hard work Smile

Olliver
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Code Features
Next Topic: two small things which could be improved...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 26 00:12:38 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02477 seconds