FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Multiple deletion/moving
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Multiple deletion/moving [message #17138] Thu, 18 March 2004 03:18 Go to next message
humus is currently offline  humus   Norway
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
I'd like to make the control over users even more effective by being able to delete multiple messages from a user.

E.g. if a user has spent the night spamming the forum with 150 sh***y messages, the neat option would be to be able to search for that user and get a list with THE COMPLETE messages, not only the titles. And then have a check-box, selecting multiple messages to be deleted simultaneously with one click.
Re: Multiple deletion/moving [message #17150 is a reply to message #17138] Thu, 18 March 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
A combination of "Today's Messages" + "Unanswered Messages" or "Unread Messages" filters will probably get you those 'spams' without too much noise. That said, I will consider an option to remove all messages posted by a certain user, perhaps even allow a date range.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Multiple deletion/moving [message #17296 is a reply to message #17150] Tue, 23 March 2004 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
humus is currently offline  humus   Norway
add to buddy list
Ilia wrote on Thu, 18 March 2004 08:50

I will consider an option to remove all messages posted by a certain user, perhaps even allow a date range.

That would be great. I have another suggestion concerning this:

I often need to delete multiple messages in the same thread. A simple way to do this would be add a button to the page where moderators can split threads.

Today you have the options "move selected messages" and "move unselected messages". How about simply adding the button "delete selected messages"?

[Updated on: Tue, 23 March 2004 09:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Multiple deletion/moving [message #17298 is a reply to message #17296] Tue, 23 March 2004 12:28 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
There is already an option to allow the moderator & privileged user (via group manager) to split a topic.
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: client version of consist/compact/indexdb.php?
Next Topic: Multiple groups in one
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 15:54:22 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00675 seconds