FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » Private Forums  () 1 Vote
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Private Forums [message #19242] Fri, 02 July 2004 20:02 Go to next message
Nd4Spd is currently offline  Nd4Spd   United States
Could someone tell me how to make private forums in the fudforums in egroupware? I'm guessing it is the same as the regular fudforms, but not sure. What I'm looking to do is limit who can see a forum or 2. Say for instance; I have software developers and management. I don't want management to see what the developers are doing and I don't want the developers to see what management is doing. Now, I don't care if they can see the forms themselves, but I don't want the users to be able to see topics inside them, view, post, reply, etc.

Thanks.

Aaron
Re: Private Forums [message #19246 is a reply to message #19242] Fri, 02 July 2004 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Use the group manager to take away read/view permissions from all users and then grant them to the users whom you want to see the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Private Forums [message #19247 is a reply to message #19242] Fri, 02 July 2004 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nd4Spd is currently offline  Nd4Spd   United States
Ah. Great. Thanks. I wasn't sure if I would have to do it that way or if I could go in and set forums and groups.

Thanks.

Aaron
Re: Private Forums [message #19425 is a reply to message #19247] Mon, 19 July 2004 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dsquire is currently offline  dsquire   United States

I am interested in this as well. The way I currently understand things is that Fudforum does not recognize eGroupware groups. Just curious if there will be further integration in the future. As it's not really practical to manage 2000+ individual users across multiple categories. Either that or I am misunderstanding what was covered above.

Danny Squire
Re: Private Forums [message #19428 is a reply to message #19425] Tue, 20 July 2004 01:11 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
FUDforum has it's own groups that are unrelated to eGW groups. There are no plans to merge the two, because they control completely different and unrelated things.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: fudforum 2.6.0 and egroupware
Next Topic: Moderation que not seen
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 14:30:30 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02299 seconds