FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Converters » Currently Avaliable Converters
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Currently Avaliable Converters [message #2179] Fri, 03 May 2002 23:32 Go to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
phpBB2 -> FUDforum 2 (CVS: converters/phpBB2.php)
YaBB   -> FUDforum 2 (CVS: converters/Yabb.php)
YaBB_dc -> FUDforum 2 (CVS: converters/Yabb_dc.php)
Phorum -> FUDforum 2 (CVS: converters/phorum.php)
openBB -> FUDforum 2 (CVS: converters/openbb.php)

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #3250 is a reply to message #2179] Fri, 14 June 2002 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I have just completed the work on the Vbulletin 2.2X to FUDforum 2.X conversion script. It is now avaliable in CVS and will be a part of the 2.0.3 release when it is made.

Vbulletin -> FUDforum 2 (CVS: converters/VB2.php)

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #3495 is a reply to message #2179] Wed, 26 June 2002 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ecxeleron is currently offline  Ecxeleron   Australia
Good stuff! Cool

Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #3561 is a reply to message #2179] Mon, 01 July 2002 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nname is currently offline  nname   United States
I can't get the phpBB2 to FUD script to convert properly. It copies over our forum categories/topics, but none of the messages get moved in. I checked the non-web-root, and it seems all the messages are in a file called messages/msg_1 but I can't see them via the website.
Update: I noticed that all 700+ posts show up in "Unread Posts" but don't seem to be attached to any category or show up anywhere else.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 July 2002 13:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #3565 is a reply to message #3561] Mon, 01 July 2002 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
nname wrote on Mon, 01 July 2002 09:36

I can't get the phpBB2 to FUD script to convert properly. It copies over our forum categories/topics, but none of the messages get moved in. I checked the non-web-root, and it seems all the messages are in a file called messages/msg_1 but I can't see them via the website.
Update: I noticed that all 700+ posts show up in "Unread Posts" but don't seem to be attached to any category or show up anywhere else.

Did you run the consistency checker after running the import script?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #3568 is a reply to message #3565] Mon, 01 July 2002 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nname is currently offline  nname   United States
errr, no we hadn't, but now everything works well. Must say I'm glad to have switched from phpBB to fudforum, thanks for writing that tool (in addition to the forum).
Another thing, when I clicked on the link I got in the email, it sent me to http://fud.prohost.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg& amp;t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t =msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg& amp;t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t =msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg& amp;t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t =msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg& amp;t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t =msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg& amp;t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t =msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg& amp;t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t =msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg& amp;t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=msg&t=rview& ;goto=3565
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #3569 is a reply to message #3568] Mon, 01 July 2002 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
That appears like a bug, I'll see why the strange url is happening.

FUDforum Core Developer
will the Converters [message #3677 is a reply to message #2179] Thu, 04 July 2002 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stan is currently offline  Stan   United States
will the phpBB2 converter work on the postnuke phpbb2 plugin module ? or will the converter only work on phpbb2 stand alone version

thanks
Re: will the Converters [message #3680 is a reply to message #3677] Thu, 04 July 2002 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I do not know about that.
Assuming the data is stored in the same way, then yes.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters: XMB [message #3684 is a reply to message #2179] Thu, 04 July 2002 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ctbk is currently offline  ctbk   Italy
I've almost finished a (very) raw converter from XMB 1.0 (beta 3) to fud 2.0.2. It's written in python and it's not at all complete.
I made it to try to migrate from this awfully old forum to FUD.

It converts users, forums, threads and messages with some txt formatting, and nothing else.

Categories, moderators, user ranks and so on have to be re-entered manually... but it's not a big deal for me.

If someone is interested, I can post it.

Bye,
Ste

~
~
:wq
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters: XMB [message #3700 is a reply to message #3684] Thu, 04 July 2002 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Go ahead and post it.

Please make a not however that the conversion script is 'Beta' and was developed by you. My knowledge of python is non-existant so I definately would not be able to answer any support questions in regard to that conversion script.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #3736 is a reply to message #3569] Fri, 05 July 2002 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ecxeleron is currently offline  Ecxeleron   Australia
prottoss wrote on Tue, 02 July 2002 01:36

it's happening to me 2

Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #3741 is a reply to message #3736] Fri, 05 July 2002 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Ecxeleron wrote on Thu, 04 July 2002 22:02

prottoss wrote on Tue, 02 July 2002 01:36

it's happening to me 2

When you are getting email notifications from this forum?

FUDforum Core Developer
Currently Avaliable Converters [message #8651 is a reply to message #2179] Thu, 13 February 2003 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dadnad is currently offline  dadnad   Australia
Hi, I've had varying degrees of success with converting phorum data into FUD, usually with a pleasant outcome Smile

Am now wondering whether anyone out there has ever converted data from a place called www.forumco.com ?

Would be happy to hear anything I can about your triumphs or tribulations...

Cheers.
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #8659 is a reply to message #8651] Thu, 13 February 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Not that I know of and no one has requested a conversion script before.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon9.gif  Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #8689 is a reply to message #8659] Sun, 16 February 2003 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Franklin is currently offline  Franklin   United States
I have had NO success converting Phorum to Fud.

Can anyone give any help on this?

The convertor asks for files that are not there. And Phorum itself is so bad that it does not upgrade well its own forums. I tried to upgrade, then run the convertor, but no go.

I have phorum version 3.2.7.

I love the FUDforum, but I have hundreds of posts, I must bring over. Since our upgrade to the lasted PHP, we had to pull the phorums down, because of errors displayed on most pages. We are not having any trouble on the FUDforum since the upgrade.

We are on WinNT4. Yea I know, this forum likes Linux. But I cannot move everything to linux and support it in a timely fashion. Thanks ahead for any help in this matter.
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #11731 is a reply to message #2179] Tue, 15 July 2003 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
XMB conversion script is now avaliable from the download page.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #12508 is a reply to message #2179] Mon, 11 August 2003 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Invision Board 1.1.X -> FUDforum 2.5.X converter is now avaliable.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #13191 is a reply to message #2179] Wed, 24 September 2003 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davebaker is currently offline  davebaker   United States
Quoting: Invision Board 1.1.X -> FUDforum 2.5.X converter is now avaliable.

How could I obtain this? Thanks.
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #13192 is a reply to message #13191] Wed, 24 September 2003 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You can download it from: http://fud.prohost.org/download.php (Scroll to the bottom of the page).

Please keep in mind that we do not guarantee that the converter will work, just that it has worked to set specifications at the time of release. Changes in Invision Board and/or FUDforum may result in incorrect data importing or a total failure all together.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #13229 is a reply to message #13192] Thu, 25 September 2003 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davebaker is currently offline  davebaker   United States
Running into this error message on the InvisionBoard converter:

ipb.php error message:

Importing blocked words
Done: Importing 0 blocked words
Importing forum members
Done: Importing 11175 IPB members
Importing buddies/ignored users
Done: Importing 5 buddies and 1 ignored users
Importing member ranks
Done: Importing 0 member ranks
Importing categories
Done: Importing 10 categories
Importing forums
Done: Importing 71 forums
Importing permissions
(ipb.php) 1054: Unknown column 'up_file' in 'where clause'
Query: SELECT id FROM fud25_groups WHERE forum_id=up_file
Server Version: 3.23.55-log

I've looked at the code, but don't see anything wrong with the syntax of the key/value assignments that are occurring:

print_msg("Importing permissions");
	$r = mysql_query("SELECT count(*), mgroup FROM {$ipb}members WHERE mgroup NOT IN({$INFO['admin_group']}, {$INFO['auth_group']}, {$INFO['member_group']}, {$INFO['guest_group']}) GROUP BY mgroup", $ib) or die(mysql_error($ib));
	while (list(, $g) = mysql_fetch_row($r)) {
		if (!isset($ib_g[$g])) {
			continue;
		}
		/* list of members for a particular group */
		$users = array();
		$r2 = mysql_query("SELECT id FROM {$ipb}members WHERE mgroup=".$g);
		while (list($id) = mysql_fetch_row($r2)) {
			$users[] = $id;		
		}
		mysql_free_result($r2);

foreach ($ib_g[$g] as $fl) {
			foreach ($fl as $k => $v) {
				$gid = q_singleval("SELECT id FROM {$DBHOST_TBL_PREFIX}groups WHERE forum_id=".$k);
				$perms = array_change_key_case(db_arr_assoc("SELECT * FROM {$DBHOST_TBL_PREFIX}group_members WHERE group_id={$gid} AND user_id=0"));
				unset($perms['id'], $perms['user_id'], $perms['group_id']);
				$fields = implode(',', array_keys($perms));
				foreach ($v as $pt => $p) {
					$perms[$pt] = $p;
				}
				$data = "'" . implode("', '", $perms);
				foreach ($users as $u) {
					q("INSERT INTO {$DBHOST_TBL_PREFIX}group_members {$fields} VALUES({$u}, {$gid}, {$data})");
				}
			}
		}
	}
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #13230 is a reply to message #13229] Thu, 25 September 2003 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The errors appears to be due to change in database schema on FUDforum's part. The field it is trying to update is no longer there.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #24058 is a reply to message #2179] Tue, 12 April 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StingRay is currently offline  StingRay   Canada
This thread hasn't been updated for a year and a half. Are there still issues with the downloadable file?

Also, I have a few Invision boards that are rev 1.2 but the convertor specifically says 1.1.x and 1.3 exclusing 1.2 Is this an oversite, or is there something so different about 1.2 that it is excluded?

Basically just wanting ot know if the script aught to work with 1.2 as it is right now.

Thanks.
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #24062 is a reply to message #24058] Tue, 12 April 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
It should work with 1.2, if it does not work adjustments would be made...
Given that the latest version of the converter worked fine with 1.3 and was originally designed for 1.1, i'd say it would be safe to assume 1.2 will not pose any problems.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #24064 is a reply to message #2179] Tue, 12 April 2005 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, I'll give it a try over the next few days and report back my findings.
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #24081 is a reply to message #2179] Thu, 14 April 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gave it a try and it was successful up to a certain point and then it failed.

Here is the output from the end fo the script.

Done: Importing 31628 messages and 4013 topics
Importing polls
(/home/alpha/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc:122
/home/alpha/public_html/forums/ipb.php:600
) 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' creation_date=1044133477 WHERE id=2' at line 1
Query: UPDATE fud26_poll SET owner=, creation_date=1044133477 WHERE id=2
Server Version: 4.0.23-standard

I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting this.. I did optimize the database, etc. Made sure it was clean, at least from phpmyadmin's point of view.

I didn't notice anything obvious on line 600 of the script, but it's late and maybe I can't see straight Razz

Anyhow, any ideas would be appreciated.
Re : Currently Avaliable Converters [message #24083 is a reply to message #2179] Thu, 14 April 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DogManStar is currently offline  DogManStar   France
You can't upgrade your forum to 1.3 version and move after to fudforum?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die.
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #24086 is a reply to message #24081] Thu, 14 April 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Try the attached script, it has the missing validation for poll's owner id, that resulted in the error you are seeing.
  • Attachment: ipb.php
    (Size: 25.48KB, Downloaded 1446 times)

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #24088 is a reply to message #2179] Thu, 14 April 2005 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fix worked, got past the polls.
New hang up on the private messages however.
Here is the text:

Importing private messages
(/home/alpha/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc:122
/home/alpha/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc:226
/home/alpha/FUDforum/include/theme/default/private.inc:66
/home/alpha/public_html/forums/ipb.php:700
) 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' , 1083, 'Ash', '0.0.0.0', NULL, 111349
Query: INSERT INTO fud26_pmsg ( ouser_id, duser_id, pdest, to_list, ip_addr, host_name, post_stamp, icon, fldr, subject, attach_cnt, read_stamp, ref_msg_id, foff, length, pmsg_opt ) VALUES( , , 1083, 'Ash', '0.0.0.0', NULL, 1113490576, '', 3, 'hi does this work?', 0, 1113490576, NULL, 1624, 124, 0 )
Server Version: 4.0.23-standard

Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #24093 is a reply to message #24088] Thu, 14 April 2005 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Here is an updated version that should take care of this bug as well.
  • Attachment: ipb.php
    (Size: 25.59KB, Downloaded 1463 times)

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #24097 is a reply to message #2179] Thu, 14 April 2005 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, that's got it working!

I'm going to review the results now. What I'm noticed so far is that I can't login with the name i had originaly used setting up fudforum before conversion (same name in converted). I'll try to chase this down a bit..

Also noticed that the sub-forums didn't come out exactly the same but that could be due to functionality limits/differences with Fud (I don't know enough yet about Fud).

Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #24098 is a reply to message #24097] Thu, 14 April 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The original data that was in the forum before the conversion is completely removed. To login as the admin you need to login with the admin credentials of the forum you are importing.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #24102 is a reply to message #2179] Fri, 15 April 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep that's what I found.
What I actually ran into (ie the real problem) was that I was following the instructions to optimize(?) however you have to login as the root admin... not just any admin Confused

Unfortunetly that wasn't originaly me Laughing
So I eventually got the password for the root admin and got it all sorted.

The only other problem I see is the way it deals with sub-forums in conversion.

For example if I have a category, with several forums under it, and then in a couple of those forums I have sub-forums, the conversion process takes those sub-forums and makes them top level forums within that category.

So in Fud-essence it doesn't treat a forum with sub-forums as a category of it's own. I assume that is because a category cannot have it's own threads.

So the same functionality of Invision is not there unfortunetly. I'm not sure if this feature has been considered, but I could make a case for it Smile

Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #24117 is a reply to message #24102] Fri, 15 April 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
FUDforum does not support sub-forums hence the "top leveling" of them during import.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #24125 is a reply to message #2179] Sat, 16 April 2005 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are sub-forums planned for development? Or is there a reason they are not there already?

I'm so used to the organizational benefits that I can't imagine not wanting them.
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #24126 is a reply to message #24125] Sat, 16 April 2005 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
They are not in the books so to speak, if you want to know some of the reasons for this decision search the archives.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #24136 is a reply to message #2179] Sat, 16 April 2005 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've read up the previous discussion. I can accept that it is a matter of opinion on it's usability, complexity of navigation etc. I can also accept your opinion on it Smile

I also accept that it would be alot of work to add in, so naturally it's not on the list. However since it is a matter of opinion and is included as an option on other forums, I would encourage adding the option to Fudforum at some point in the future.

I'm on the FUDForum bandwagon so-to-speak, and wish it as much success as possible Very Happy
Re: Currently Avaliable Converters [message #24159 is a reply to message #2179] Sun, 17 April 2005 22:14 Go to previous message
I'm still trying to come to grips with the groups manager and how that all works, so I say this with some trepidation.

It appears the conversion does not copy over the groups in IPB. Instead it creates a group for each forum and gives registered access to all. So upon conversion you essentially have all open forums and need to recreate all the groups and permissions, and add all the members to those groups.

For large memberships that could take awhile Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Form SImpleboard (mamboserver) to fudserver
Next Topic: FUD with my own user account?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:48:34 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02801 seconds