FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » Admin Control Panel forbidden
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Admin Control Panel forbidden [message #19690] Sun, 22 August 2004 15:04 Go to next message
psrch is currently offline  psrch   United States
I just installed eGroupware, and can access my fudforum. But clicking on the Admin Control Panel gives me an "error 403: Forbidden" message.

Any help?
Re: Admin Control Panel forbidden [message #19694 is a reply to message #19690] Mon, 23 August 2004 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Is index.php your directory index file?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin Control Panel forbidden [message #19699 is a reply to message #19694] Mon, 23 August 2004 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, it is.

I was thinking it was a permissions thing, but looking at a chmod, everything is 755. I did see something earlier about "granting full permissions to the fudforum directory then restoring it to normal permissions when setup is done."

Since this is basically a test site until I can get everything working (meaning, I'm not adding any users besides the admin user which I reserve for administrative functions, and my own login where I do my day-to-day stuff, maybe the best way to install this is to delete what I have, delete the tables, re-unpack the files, change the permissions for fudforum to 777, and restart the install process.

Would that maybe solve the problem, if it's got something to do with not being able to create the files / drectories it needed beforehand?
Re: Admin Control Panel forbidden [message #19702 is a reply to message #19699] Tue, 24 August 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Try re-installing, it may help especially if during initial install some directories were missing or not chmoded correctly.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Admin Control Panel forbidden [message #19713 is a reply to message #19702] Thu, 26 August 2004 08:39 Go to previous message
Got it working - thanks for the input. It was a permissions thing - it was a permissions thing. Seems like the eGroupware download doesn't unzip with the permissions set up correctly for install. Had to play with it, but it's up and going!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Moderation que not seen
Next Topic: Problems with posting
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:36:20 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02290 seconds