FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Enhancement of [spoiler]
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Enhancement of [spoiler] [message #19791] Thu, 02 September 2004 13:38 Go to next message
math_adm is currently offline  math_adm   France
Hi

I would like an enhancement to the spoiler tag: to be able to replace the default "reveal spoiler" message with something custom, like in the following example:

Exercise:

2+2 = ?

[spoiler=Answer]4[/spoiler]

Regards,

F
Re: Enhancement of [spoiler] [message #19889 is a reply to message #19791] Wed, 15 September 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Added in CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re : Re: Enhancement of [spoiler] [message #19895 is a reply to message #19889] Wed, 15 September 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
math_adm is currently offline  math_adm   France
Thank you !
Re: Enhancement of [spoiler] [message #19922 is a reply to message #19791] Thu, 16 September 2004 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wild_Cat is currently offline  Wild_Cat   Ukraine
What I think every time looking at this spoiler is why it have to be invisible but take all the place around? When I needed anoter trick about collapsible comments, I found a very efficient trick which could be also quite useful for spoilers - style and JavaScript (anyway it's like this?) based solution, when the hidden text does not take any place but is unfolded or folded back (also cool!) through display style (here is the working very simple in code example attached).
Don't you think this kind of display would be quite better? For more it could be used to not stuff the place, coz the spoiler can be more or less long, isn't it? (The translation in Russian as spoken in Release of 2.6.6 then should be deprived of the 1st word coz it doesn't only open but also closes the spoiler).

Lady of Avalon
Re: Enhancement of [spoiler] [message #19940 is a reply to message #19922] Fri, 17 September 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Very nice Smile

I've added to the CVS of FUDforum so new hiding mechanism will appear in the next release.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Enhancement of [spoiler] [message #19948 is a reply to message #19940] Fri, 17 September 2004 20:44 Go to previous message
Wild_Cat is currently offline  Wild_Cat   Ukraine
Cool! Smile

Lady of Avalon
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Join newsgroup posts
Next Topic: why so small avatar
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 21:06:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02720 seconds