FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » Private Messages Counter Not Working
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Private Messages Counter Not Working [message #19967] Mon, 20 September 2004 19:59 Go to next message
jonmoss is currently offline  jonmoss   United States

Hello, I'm a volunteer webmaster for a small church in Lansing, Kansas. I installed eGroupware several weeks ago. I'm trying to get the parishiners to use most of the features and am partially successful! Smile

Anyway, I've sent a couple of private messages to other members and I've received at least one reply. However, when I logged in to eGroupware, and went to fudforum, the "You have (0) private messages" menu item has never changed. It always says zero.

Is this normal?

Thanks and have a great day!

Jon Moss
Re: Private Messages Counter Not Working [message #19986 is a reply to message #19967] Mon, 20 September 2004 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
No, that's definately not normal, if you have unread private messages the forum should say so.

What version of eGW are you using?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Private Messages Counter Not Working [message #20000 is a reply to message #19967] Mon, 20 September 2004 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It's the latest one released September 9th - version 1.0.0.005 and the FUDForum is 2.6.0 (FUDeGW)

Jon Moss

[Updated on: Mon, 20 September 2004 22:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Private Messages Counter Not Working [message #20005 is a reply to message #19967] Tue, 21 September 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dataj1998 is currently offline  dataj1998   Germany

I'm using the same version and encountered the same problem. I didn't use the private messaging of the forum, so I never tried it before.

If you have an idea where to look for the problem, I would do that. I have more than one installation of the groupware...
Re: Private Messages Counter Not Working [message #20689 is a reply to message #20005] Tue, 26 October 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Any update on this? My end users are giving me headaches about this counter not working.

Jon Moss
Re: Private Messages Counter Not Working [message #23095 is a reply to message #20689] Fri, 04 March 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I think I have found the culprit. Here's the message for new_private_messages:

Quote:

You have <span class="GenText" style="color: #ff0000">({VAR: c})</span> unread private message(s)

I think the {VAR: c} is referencing the wrong variable. Anyone known what the variable should be?

Jon Moss
Re: Private Messages Counter Not Working [message #23099 is a reply to message #23095] Fri, 04 March 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
This variable is a result of a query that counts unread messages for your account.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Private Messages Counter Not Working [message #23100 is a reply to message #23099] Fri, 04 March 2005 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ilia wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 09:27

This variable is a result of a query that counts unread messages for your account.

So, then, it must be a database problem - either the counter is not being updated in the database, or the query is not pulling the right data from the right place in the database.

What table/field should I look at? Also, what function or template?

Jon Moss
Re: Private Messages Counter Not Working [message #23187 is a reply to message #23100] Tue, 08 March 2005 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Take a look inside fudforum/inc/class.fud_sidebox_hooks.inc.php file.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Private Messages Counter Not Working [message #27348 is a reply to message #19967] Mon, 05 September 2005 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edwin is currently offline  edwin   United States
Any luck with this? I have the same problem and am curious of anyone's success dealing with it.
Re: Private Messages Counter Not Working [message #27410 is a reply to message #19967] Wed, 07 September 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would be happy to change the sidebox

You have (0) unread private message(s)

to:
Private Messages

Does anyone know what file I can change to accomplish this?

I don't need the counter and have spent far too much time trying to figure out what is wrong. A simple link to private messages that did not have the counter would serve me just fine.
Re: Private Messages Counter Not Working [message #27414 is a reply to message #27410] Wed, 07 September 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
usercp.tmpl is the template you need to adjust.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Private Messages Counter Not Working [message #27444 is a reply to message #19967] Thu, 08 September 2005 07:42 Go to previous message
Thank you so much!

Your suggestion lead me on the right path.

I was able to implement my work around with minor changes to include/theme/usercp.inc and include/theme/default/usercp.inc

= )
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Deleting Users in ewg
Next Topic: Migrating from egroupware to fudforum
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 05 12:00:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02769 seconds