FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » The Templating System Explained  () 4 Votes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
The Templating System Explained [message #20412] Wed, 13 October 2004 03:31 Go to next message
Abraxa is currently offline  Abraxa   Germany
Okay, so you just downloaded FUDForum, installed it, fiddled around a little and found some stuff you'd like to change using the template system? Welp, then have a nice cup of tea, get comfy and listen carefully. Smile

0. What You Should Know

To make things simpler, I'll use two aliases for the FUDForum paths.
"FUDForum/" will be the Server Root, meaning the path of where the browsable files are stored.
"FUDForumData/" will be the Forum Data Root that contains all the non-browsable files.

Also, I'll use the default template and English language in the example paths.

All set? Then let's go!

1. The Global Perspective

As you probably know, FUDForum uses an advanced templating system that separates the forum internals and the forum design as much as possible. In order to do that, both parts are put into different files. So let's have a look at where's the stuff that we need when developing templates:

FUDForum/theme: This folder contains the compiled themes. Usually you'll only see 'default' in there.
FUDForum/theme/default/: Here you'll find all compiled CSS and PHP files of that theme.
FUDForum/theme/default/help: The help files for that particular theme.
FUDForum/theme/default/images: This directory holds all the images this theme is made of.

FUDForumData/include: In this directory you'll find the pre-built include files used by the forum, whereas in
FUDForumData/include/default you'll find the compiled include files specific for that theme.
FUDForumData/src: This folder has all the uncompiled template php source files - notice that all themes use the same.

FUDForumData/thm/default: The template files that make up the forum's structure/design can be found here.
FUDForumData/thm/default/i18n/en/msg: This is the message file, specific for english.
FUDForumData/thm/default/i18n/en/help: Should be obvious =)
FUDForumData/thm/default/i18n/en/img: Here you can find the images used by that theme which contain text localized to english.
FUDForumData/thm/default/images: This directory contains all images that the theme uses which do NOT require localization.
FUDForumData/thm/default/tmpl: The most important directory for you: the theme's uncompiled template files.

If you just want to make visual changes to the forum then you'll probably only edit the theme's template files and maybe some images here and there.
However if you want to make substantial changes to the way the forum works (e.g. remove COPPA from the source entirely, build a webpage based on FUDForum, or whatever else comes to your mind) then you will also have to edit the source files. That's all fine and dandy but since that awesome fella called Ilia is still working on the forum software, you're going to make updating a lot harder for yourself.

2. Understanding the Templating System

If you look at the FUDForumData/thm/default folder, you'll see tons of .tmpl files. These files determine how the php files are built that the forum will use in the end. Eeach of those template files consists of either only a .tmpl file (i.e. header.tmpl) or have a corresponding template php source file in FUDForumData/src (i.e. post.tmpl / post.php.t). The reason is that the template files themselves only contain so-called sections, which, merged with the template php source file, yield the complete source. But let's have a look at a small example template file first:

curtime.tmpl:
/***************************************************************************
* copyright            : (C) 2001-2004 Advanced Internet Designs Inc.
* email                : forum(at)prohost(dot)org
* $Id: curtime.tmpl,v 1.7 2004/04/25 20:18:25 hackie Exp $
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
* under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
* Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
* (at your option) any later version.
***************************************************************************/

{MAIN_SECTION: curtime Current time indicator}
<br /><div align="center"><div class="curtime"><b>{MSG: current_time}:</b> {DATE: !__request_timestamp__ %a %b %e %H:%M:%S %Z %Y}</div></div>
{MAIN_SECTION: END}

The first thing you'll notice is the file header that has general information about the file, including the file name itself. You don't have to have it but those headers help Ilia with the CVS and make everyone handling these files aware of the legal stuff. Besides that you'll notice that the file defines a MAIN_SECTION called "curtime". The section can also have a description ("Current time indicator" in this case) which makes understanding the purpose of the section easier to understand when you look at it again at a later time.
Inside the section you see some HTML tags, but you'll also notice the {MSG: current_time} and {DATE: ...} template tags. Those tags are the key to the templating system FUDForum uses: the compiler later on replaces those tags with other content, depending on the type of the tag. The manual lists all available types - I'll be focusing on the {TEMPLATE: ...} and {TEMPLATE-DATA: ...} tags mainly.

If you already had a look at the i18n message (FUDForumData/thm/default/i18n/en/msg) you will most likely understand how the {MSG: ...} tag works: here it takes the entry called "current_time" from the message file and puts that message where the {MSG: ...} tag was - in this case it would be "Current Time".

This may seem simple and boring, however if you take the next step and use a tag like {TEMPLATE: ...}, you can replace the tag by other templates, too! =)
Let's have a look at a template file making use of that:

footer.tmpl:
* $Id: footer.tmpl,v 1.13 2004/04/25 20:18:25 hackie Exp $

{MAIN_SECTION: footer forum's footer}
</td></tr></table><div class="ForumBackground ac foot">
<b>.::</b> <a href="mailto:{GVAR: ADMIN_EMAIL}">{MSG: forum_contact}</a> <b>::</b> <a href="{TEMPLATE: footer_lnk}">{MSG: forum_home}</a> <b>::.</b>
<p>
<span class="SmallText">Powered by: FUDforum {GVAR: FORUM_VERSION}<br />Copyright &copy;2001-2004 <a href="http://fudforum.org/">FUD Forum Bulletin Board Software</a></span>
</div></body></html>

{MAIN_SECTION: footer_plain forum's footer for plain pages such as popups}
</td></tr></table></body></html>

{SECTION: footer_lnk}
{ROOT}?t=index&amp;{DEF: _rsid}
{SECTION: END}

Look at the file and try finding out what happens when the file is being compiled. Can you see it?

...yep! The href property inside the hyperlink is filled with the content of the "footer_lnk" section! =)
As you can see the "footer_lnk" section itself also contains template tags which are resolved before the template is being put where it belongs: {ROOT} simply is "index.php" and {DEF: _rsid} is the content of the PHP constant named _rsid (which btw is the session ID).

Click here if that was too fast for you.

3. Using Sections From Other Template Files

Now what do you do when you want to use a section defined in a different template file?
The answer is simple: use the {TEMPLATE: ...} tag as always, just tell the compiler that you're making use of another template file:

* copyright            : some bogus author
* email                : some bogus email
* $Id: somefile.tmpl,v 0.00 2004/09/10 00:00:00 author Exp $

{REF: header.tmpl}
{REF: curtime.tmpl}
{REF: footer.tmpl}

{PAGE: somepage}
{TEMPLATE: header}
{TEMPLATE: curtime}
{TEMPLATE: footer}
{PAGE: END}

Sections inside template files are either starting with {SECTION: ...}, {MAIN_SECTION: ...} - or, as you can see here, {PAGE: ...}. The latter is very important as it defines - you guessed right - a page. =)
Now what can we do with a page section? We can refer to it in a php source file and thus make the compiler generate valid php scripts!
Let's find out how that works in the fourth chapter:

4. Bringing It All Together

As of now we have nice and tidy intructions for the compiler on how to build the sections and what goes in there - but so far we don't have one single line of php code and the compiler doesn't know anything about where to put all the data it gathered either. That's where the template php sources (residing in FUDForumData/src) come into play:

coppa.tmpl:
* $Id: coppa.tmpl,v 1.11 2004/04/25 20:18:25 hackie Exp $

{PHP_FILE: input: coppa.php.t; output: coppa.php;}

{REF: security.tmpl}
{REF: header.tmpl}
{REF: usercp.tmpl}
{REF: curtime.tmpl}
{REF: footer.tmpl}

{PAGE: COPPA_PAGE determines if a new user is <13 years of age, needed for COPPA compliance}
{TEMPLATE: header}
{TEMPLATE: usercp}
<table cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="ContentTable">
<tr class="RowStyleA GenText ac"><td>
{MSG: coppa_link}<br /><br />
[<a href="{TEMPLATE: COPPA_PAGE_lnk}">{MSG: coppa_before}</a>]&nbsp;
[<a href="{TEMPLATE: COPPA_PAGE_lnk1}">{MSG: coppa_after}</a>]
<hr>
{MSG: coppa}
</td></tr>
</table>
{TEMPLATE: curtime}
{TEMPLATE: footer}
{PAGE: END}

{SECTION: coppa_conf}
{MSG: coppa_conf}

{SECTION: COPPA_PAGE_lnk}
{ROOT}?t=pre_reg&amp;coppa=&amp;{DEF: _rsid}

{SECTION: COPPA_PAGE_lnk1}
{ROOT}?t=pre_reg&amp;coppa=1&amp;{DEF: _rsid}

The first thing you will notice is the {PHP_FILE: ...} tag. You can only have one of it per template file as it tells the compiler which template php source file belongs to that very template file. As you can see here, the resulting file will be a .php file, so there needs to go some php code in there, too. Where does that come from?
You probably guessed that "coppa.php.t" has something to do with it. That's right! Let me show the contents of that file to you:

coppa.tmpl:
<?php
* $Id: coppa.php.t,v 1.8 2004/01/04 16:38:26 hackie Exp $

/*{PRE_HTML_PHP}*/
	$TITLE_EXTRA = ': {TEMPLATE: coppa_conf}';
/*{POST_HTML_PHP}*/
	$coppa = __request_timestamp__-409968000;
/*{POST_PAGE_PHP_CODE}*/
?>
{TEMPLATE: COPPA_PAGE}

Don't worry about the special tags inside the php comments for now and have a look at the last line instead:

{TEMPLATE: COPPA_PAGE}

Doesn't that look familiar? It does - and it's because it has been defined in the coppa.tmpl file!
Now it all makes sense: the compiler puts the contents of the "COPPA_PAGE" section at the end of the php file! =)

The reason why this works is because the FUDForum theme compiler resolves template tags inside both the .tmpl and the .t files. With that we can do pretty spiffy stuff, as you can see in the above example: the php code itself contains a reference to the "coppa_conf" section which during the compilation gets replaced by the contents of that very section. The resulting php code for that line thus will look like this:

$TITLE_EXTRA = ': COPPA Confirmation';

(Note: {MSG: coppa_conf} becomes "COPPA Confirmation", which then makes {TEMPLATE: coppa_conf} become the same)

If you now go and have a look at FUDForum/theme/default/coppa.php you can see how everything comes together: the php code from security.inc.t, usercp.inc.t, curtime.inc.t and last but not least coppa.php.t - they all are {REF: ...}'d directly or indirectly by coppa.tmpl and thus need to be included in the resulting php file for things to work properly.

That's how the FUDForum theme compiler basically works: it takes one template file, looks what other template files are needed while it replaces all the template tags and then merges everything into the output file. Simple, but effective! =)

For now that's enough to understand how the templating system works but if you want the full dose and get to know some more advanced tricks, read on.

5. Advanced Mechanisms I

If you had a look at the files in the FUDForumData/thm/default/tmpl directory, you might have noticed that some files have file prefixes in their {PHP_FILE: ...} tag (i.e. admincp.tmpl). Not surprisingly they actually have a meaning:

{PHP_FILE: input: bogus.inc.t; output: 0bogus.inc;}: The content of this include file is inserted where the /*{PRE_HTML_PHP}*/ line in the .php.t file is
{PHP_FILE: input: bogus.inc.t; output: @bogus.inc;}: The content of this include file is inserted where the /*{POST_HTML_PHP}*/ line in the .php.t file is
{PHP_FILE: input: bogus.inc.t; output: !bogus.inc;}: The content of this include file is inserted where the /*{POST_PAGE_PHP_CODE}*/ line in the .php.t file is

Remember the copper.php.t file I posted above? There you can see where those special placeholder lines go.
The need for this mechanism originates in the need to execute some code in a particular order - without this, the order of the code appearing in the resulting php file would be virtually unpredictable.

6. Advanced Mechanisms II

Since the template compiler actually replaces the tags with their evaluated expressions we can save ourselves quite a bit of work sometimes. Imagine a structure where you have a list of 5 items:

{MAIN_SECTION: main}
{TEMPLATE: entry_1}
{TEMPLATE: entry_2}
{TEMPLATE: entry_3}
{TEMPLATE: entry_4}
{TEMPLATE: entry_5}

{SECTION: entry_1}
<a href="someURL">someLabel</a><br />

{SECTION: entry_2}

{SECTION: entry_3}

{SECTION: entry_4}

{SECTION: entry_5}

That we can have a lot simpler by using a loop in php to build the structure for us.
In the template file we then have...

{MAIN_SECTION: main}
{TEMPLATE-DATA: entries}

{SECTION: single_entry}
<a href="{VAR: entry_url}">{VAR: entry_label}</a><br />

...and in the corresponding template php source file we have...

...some stuff...
	for($i=0;$i<5;$i++) {
		$entry_url   = $someArray[$i];
		$entry_label = $someOtherArray[$entry_url];
		$entries    .= '{TEMPLATE: single_entry}';
	}
...some stuff...

The reason why this works is because - as you hopefully know by now Smile - the template compiler replaces the template tags by their evaluated content. Here's what this example would look like after compilation:

...some stuff...
	for($i=0;$i<5;$i++) {
		$entry_url   = $someArray[$i];
		$entry_label = $someOtherArray[$entry_url];
		$entries    .= '<a href="'.$entry_url.'">'.$entry_label.'</a><br />';
	}
...some stuff...

Also in this example you can clearly see why using
$entries .= "{TEMPLATE: single_entry}";
would NOT work: the string wouldn't be terminated properly and any quotes inside the referred section would terminate the string instead. That's not what we want at all Smile
If you however need the quotation marks to evaluate some statement inside a template you got a semantic error in your template structure: php and templates should be separated. So the "problem" that you can't use quotes to evaluate states in sections isn't the actual problem - the real problem is that you didn't separate those two.
The solution for this problem is simple, though: just use a {VAR: ...} statement inside the section you tried to evaluate and you're good. Smile

7. Special Files

Ever wondered which template the index.php file in the FUDForum's root directory is built from? The file called root_index.tmpl is in charge of that, if you ever need it. I did. =)

Also you'll notice a file called "messages" inside the FUDForumData/thm/default/tmpl folder. Its purpose apparently is to be a globally available pool of URIs that doesn't need to be included in your template file. So if you have some URIs that you want to have available in all your template files without having to place a {REF: ...} tag to include a particular template file - the "messages" file is where they should go.

8. Complete Template Tag Listing

I'll edit that in tomorrow. I need sleep now... lol =)

9. Conclusion

The last tip I have for you is:
Don't forget to go to your Admin CP and rebuild the theme after you made changes - they won't be in effect before you do that =)

To sum it all up: FUDForum's templating system is very powerful, has no performance penalty at all and provides sheer endless possibilities of modifying the forum in any way you want. The only downside of it that I could find was that templates that merely change the design of the forum might not be compatible with future releases of the forum since changes in the FUDForumData/src directory sometimes also requires changes in the template files also. However it seems every other forum has a similar (or even worse) problem concerning skins/templates so I guess it's not too bad.
I hoped my "little" tutorial helped you on your way to understand the way templates work and I'd love to see more templates being published - if I could do my part in that then I'm glad. =)

Anyway, that's it for now. If you spot any errors or have remarks for me to add, feel free to leave me a note - updates follow as time and experience permit. Hope you found this at least halfway useful and give FUDForum the continued support it deserves!

-Soeren

[Edit: changed a mix-up in chapter 5]
Re: The Templating System Explained [message #20419 is a reply to message #20412] Wed, 13 October 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Thanks for the indepth tutorial, it is much appreciated and I certain it come handy for many people intent on customizing their FUDforum installs.

I'd like to add one correction or clarification perphaps Smile

If you are using the forum's built-in template editor or the message editor, when you submit the change the forum will automatically rebuild all affected themes. Which means you only need to manually rebuild the theme if the changes were made by hand (ex. uploading a modified file via FTP or file manager).

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: The Templating System Explained [message #20793 is a reply to message #20412] Thu, 28 October 2004 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
D9rr is currently offline  D9rr   United States
Thanks, Abraxa. I'm saving a copy of this for future reference.

Dean
Re: The Templating System Explained [message #20816 is a reply to message #20412] Fri, 29 October 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abraxa is currently offline  Abraxa   Germany
You're welcome - I'm glad my work is of use for some people. Smile

-Abraxa
Re: The Templating System Explained [message #20825 is a reply to message #20412] Fri, 29 October 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
Maybe this topic should be stickified?
Re: The Templating System Explained [message #20828 is a reply to message #20825] Fri, 29 October 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
That's a good idea.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: The Templating System Explained [message #24161 is a reply to message #20412] Sun, 17 April 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
therion is currently offline  therion   Spain
Wow, what a powah-post! Thanks!!!!
Re: The Templating System Explained [message #24324 is a reply to message #20412] Fri, 22 April 2005 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dennisp is currently offline  dennisp   Belize
Hi illia/abraxa and others...
This is a great post.....

I saved a copy on my hd for further use....but also want a hard copy.....
I can't print everything... because of the overflowing iframes...text gets cut....

i know i can put some more effort into this and try copying/pasting in a wordprocessor and maybe get it to print *NICELY* but i'm lazy....
Is there any way a pdf can be generated WITHOUT any text getting cut off?????

regards
Dennis

P.S. Sorry for being lazy.... Wink
Re: The Templating System Explained [message #30924 is a reply to message #24324] Mon, 20 March 2006 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thebugnut is currently offline  thebugnut   Canada
When I make changes to parts of the forum from the admin side.. I lose my CSS. How can I make sure that the template always uses the CSS that I assigned?
Re: The Templating System Explained [message #30941 is a reply to message #30924] Tue, 21 March 2006 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Are you using a custom theme and are you making changes to forum.css.tmpl file?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: The Templating System Explained [message #33410 is a reply to message #20412] Thu, 31 August 2006 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
princess275 is currently offline  princess275   United Kingdom
I'm definitely saving this one to my favourites too! Thank you.

Sonia

Re: The Templating System Explained [message #35369 is a reply to message #20412] Wed, 03 January 2007 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WITCH is currently offline  WITCH   United States
Great idea I could definitely use more information like this! Yet before I get too far into it, is this up to date and accurate for 2.7.6 ?

And it would be even greater if I could find a list of exactly what each and every Tmpl does, as I learn to use FUD I am trying to document the problems I encounter and the solutions I find in some sort of organized fashion and will share it with you here if I ever get through with it all. With that in mind is there anyone here who would be willing to answer a newbie’s step by step questions, as I go through this tem plating tutorial?

I am new to this so explain things very, very carefully!
Re: The Templating System Explained [message #35840 is a reply to message #20412] Thu, 15 February 2007 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cho_mik is currently offline  cho_mik   Switzerland
Good explanation...

Anyway, there is one thing that bothers me. What about the images? I copied default template to my own and changed several images (they are used for backgrounds). After rebuilding they are gone, overwrited by default images.

How to avoid it?
Marcin
Re: The Templating System Explained [message #35846 is a reply to message #35840] Fri, 16 February 2007 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Replace the template images with yours inside the thm/ directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: The Templating System Explained [message #35978 is a reply to message #35846] Mon, 26 February 2007 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus   United States
To revive this thread, I want to point out that this is all well and good for people who have the time to follow all the tags, eventually landing at the spot where you want to add a class to a forum header. Not everyone can do this. I have mentioned before (many months ago) that <!-- --> tags in the code would be nice to show in the source view where you will want to go in the template system to edit that particular element. Unless there is something so obvious that I am overlooking, I don't see any easy way to look at the rendered source, find what you want to add, and then go right to that template element without first knowing the entire layout of the template structure.

For people who aren't as technically adept, the templating system feels very restrictive, almost as if the author wishes everyone to use the default (I know that is not true). I have seen posts where people have asked for an official or unofficial theme repository for FUD. I am sure they love fudforum as much as myself and would be very happy with either a repository or a mechanism as simple as html commenting to aid the user in modifying their templates.

An example case: http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=7633&start=0&

Lastly, just so that you know, I also appreciate this post. Thank you very much. Now I just need to apply this and take the time to parse the tags to find the place where I want to add a class.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 February 2007 18:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The Templating System Explained [message #37683 is a reply to message #20412] Fri, 15 June 2007 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grigori is currently offline  grigori   Ukraine

Quote:

"FUDForum/" will be the Server Root, meaning the path of where the browsable files are stored.
"FUDForumData/" will be the Forum Data Root that contains all the non-browsable files.

It took me some time to undertand what that means.
If you run the forum on some domain (subdomain), "Server Root" is the DocumentRoot folder defined in the VirtualHost config. If you place the forum into the subfolder - "Server Root" in this article is that subfolder (strange name for the site's document root folder Wink).

The "FUDForumData" is not a separate folder, but a path where the compiler looks for the sources of the forum.
These folders should be found by the FUDForumData path:
"files/", "sql/", "src/", "thm/".
After you have just installed the forum from an installer you have "FUDForumData" same with your DocumentRoot.
You can move this data away from the DocumentRoot and set the "Data Root" settings in the Admin Control Panel, "Global" section.
Don't forget to recompile the theme.

It will be more convenient to have the "Recompile" button closer then in the "Template Management"->"Theme Manager"->"Rebuild Theme" link in the lower right corner.

Regarding the samples provided in this article - I tried to re-read the post for 3 times and gave up ... can't understand! Embarassed
Maybe you can write something based on some single template, with more details for people who know nothing about FUD internal structure?

[Updated on: Fri, 15 June 2007 13:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The Templating System Explained [message #37713 is a reply to message #37683] Sun, 17 June 2007 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
What in particular you need further clarification on?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: The Templating System Explained [message #40026 is a reply to message #20412] Sun, 06 January 2008 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
barcajunior is currently offline  barcajunior   China
Very detailed explanation.Really appreciate your effort.
Re: The Templating System Explained [message #161394 is a reply to message #40026] Sun, 20 December 2009 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Here is a tutorial explaining how to add new pages to FUDforum.
Re: The Templating System Explained [message #162759 is a reply to message #161394] Mon, 12 July 2010 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naboo is currently offline  naboo
Hey, I'm really new to the technical side of this and I'm in the middle of trying to sort out the forum I'm on as the panel recently got hacked and a few settings got messed around and I've been charged with fixing it.

How would I go about changing the message in the header from what it is currently to what I need it to, much like the " FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking." logo up above

Apologies if its explained in the opening post up there, its quite confusing and I don't understand a good bit of it.
icon6.gif  Re: The Templating System Explained [message #162761 is a reply to message #162759] Tue, 13 July 2010 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
naboo wrote on Mon, 12 July 2010 16:59
Hey, I'm really new to the technical side of this and I'm in the middle of trying to sort out the forum I'm on as the panel recently got hacked and a few settings got messed around and I've been charged with fixing it.

How would I go about changing the message in the header from what it is currently to what I need it to, much like the " FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking." logo up above

Apologies if its explained in the opening post up there, its quite confusing and I don't understand a good bit of it.

Log in as Admin > Admin Control Panel > Global Settings Manager > Primary Forum Options ...... change "Forum Title:" and "Forum Description:" as desired, Click on set and it should be as you want it.

I have not checked if you should rebuild your themes but it probably would not hurt particularly if you use multiple themes!

(Don't forget to save your changes)

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: The Templating System Explained [message #162768 is a reply to message #162761] Wed, 14 July 2010 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
In addition to what Mr. Witcher said, you may also want to look at Header and footer.
Trả lời: Re: The Templating System Explained [message #186945 is a reply to message #162768] Thu, 06 August 2015 09:09 Go to previous message
cookie-jar is currently offline  cookie-jar
When I make changes to parts of the forum from the admin side.. I lose my CSS. How can I make sure that the template always uses the CSS that I assigned?

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Customize your FUDForum colors (courtesy of WITCH)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:47:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02804 seconds