FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » Anonymous default login
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Anonymous default login [message #20664] Sun, 24 October 2004 16:55 Go to next message
M2Pilot is currently offline  M2Pilot   United States
Hello everyone-

I'd like to create a eGW setup where everyone who open the home page is by default automatically considered logged in as an anonymous user. The default page for these users would be FudForum, and I will configure FudForum to allow browsing but no posting for anonymous folks (unless they choose to log in of course).

I've trolled through the eGW documentation, but can't find instructions on how to accomplish this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Mark

BTW -- I do have a working eGW install already. I just can't see to figure out how to get into it w/o logging in first!
Re: Anonymous default login [message #20665 is a reply to message #20664] Sun, 24 October 2004 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to create a special anonymous user, this allows eGW to handle anon users.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Anonymous default login [message #23094 is a reply to message #20664] Fri, 04 March 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GrinGEO is currently offline  GrinGEO   Austria
And how can I do that

What is a special anynomous user exactly? Wher I have to insert it?

Kindest regards
Igor
Re: Anonymous default login [message #23097 is a reply to message #23094] Fri, 04 March 2005 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
It is already available automatically for all auto-generated groups. To change the permissions for this user, click on the "group manager" link on the front page of your forum and then choose the group you wish to edit the permissions for.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Anonymous default login [message #23103 is a reply to message #20664] Fri, 04 March 2005 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks llia for the fast reply.
I'm sorry, but unfortunately I'm a newbee.
I want to move my IPB at http://forum.minitechnet.de to FudForum integrated into eGW.
I'm looking for Fudforum only a few days, so I don't know where I have to finde this user or groups.

ok, let me start again.

1. www.minitechnet.de/egroupware/
2. the anonymous user is "test", but I got to insert a password. I will delete the password, If I can from the user admin panel
3. "Test" user is puttet to anonymous user in eGW user admin panel
4. he is puttet into group "noGroup" in eGW
5. I assignet him the application FudForum

Into GroupManager from Forum I have on the bottom already a user called "Anonymous", there is another user called "all registered user"

But the user anonymous can already view the topics, or he should.
But if I visit the link to fudforum www.minitechnet.de/egroupware/fudforum/ I got always the login window.
So what am I making wrong

Thank You for helping me llia
Re: Anonymous default login [message #23107 is a reply to message #20664] Fri, 04 March 2005 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
another important question:

can anonymous user subscribe to the forum? and when they are subscribed, are they subscribet too into egroupware.

regards
igor
Re: Anonymous default login [message #23113 is a reply to message #23107] Fri, 04 March 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Anonymous users cannot subscribe to topics/forums.

You need to make eGW assing test user value for all anon users and then manually add test user to the groups.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Anonymous default login [message #23120 is a reply to message #20664] Sat, 05 March 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GrinGEO is currently offline  GrinGEO   Sweden
ok, but can anon users register on the forum or have I always to give them access via eGW.

Are the user in eGW the same at the forum or are they separate?

Thanks for your fast help

kindest regards
igor
Re: Anonymous default login [message #23192 is a reply to message #23120] Tue, 08 March 2005 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
They should be related.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Anonymous default login [message #25359 is a reply to message #23120] Tue, 07 June 2005 15:24 Go to previous message
edwin is currently offline  edwin   United States
anon users can register in the forum. However, this only happens when the anon user attempts to "reply to", "add topic", or anything else that you can only do if logged in. They are taken to the "Insufficient Privileges" page where there is a registration link.

The anon user should be the same as the one you see listed in your "User accounts"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: New posts on the eGW's home page
Next Topic: no read priviligies for autor - very strange behaviour
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 19 03:12:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03772 seconds