FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » Track Topic Not Working
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Track Topic Not Working [message #20678] Mon, 25 October 2004 17:49 Go to next message
jonmoss is currently offline  jonmoss   United States

My Linux server (it's really a workstation but who's looking! Smile hosts two eGroupWare sites. One sits in the default website and the other sits in a user's public_html folder. Running RedHat 9, Apache 2, PHP 4.2.2 and MySQL 4. They are configured identically for SMTP.

The one sitting in the default website works flawlessly, notifying me when a topic I've subscribed to is replied to. The one in the user's home public_html folder has yet to notify me of anything.

Is it possible to have two fudforums (in two separate eGroupWare sites) on the same server?

Thanks and have a great day!

Jon Moss
Re: Track Topic Not Working [message #20679 is a reply to message #20678] Mon, 25 October 2004 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can have as many fudforum installs as you like all on the same server. If you are not getting e-mail notification check that the account(s) that should be getting them have a valid e-mail address specified in egw settings.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Track Topic Not Working [message #20680 is a reply to message #20679] Mon, 25 October 2004 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I did check the User Accounts in egw and they do have valid e-mail addresses.

It really stumps me. It doesn't make any sense.

I'm thinking of setting up another workstation using Fedora Core 2 (instead of RedHat 9) and redoing one of these egw sites.

Jon Moss
Re: Track Topic Not Working [message #20691 is a reply to message #20680] Tue, 26 October 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I checked my maillog and I'm getting Service unavailable when it's trying to send the e-mail notifications. It's referencing the localhost IP address (127.0.0.1).

Anything else I can check?

Jon Moss
Re: Track Topic Not Working [message #20693 is a reply to message #20691] Tue, 26 October 2004 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you are getting that error it means PHP's mail() function is failing, this is not a forum or egroupware bug. As to why it is failing, unfortunately I am as much in the dark as you are...

Try to replicate the problem with a simple PHP script.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Track Topic Not Working [message #20748 is a reply to message #20678] Wed, 27 October 2004 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I got e-mail notifications to work. It was stupidity on my part. I have to use a different SMTP server to send e-mails (not my webserver) and I had to change the send SMTP option from No to Yes.

Once I did that, it worked flawlessly!

Now, can someone tell me where I can edit the actual e-mail that gets sent?

Quote:

To view the topic goto:
/~dan/egroupware/fudforum/3814588639/index.php?t=rview&goto=60

To stop receiving notifications about new topics in this forum, please go here:
/~dan/egroupware/fudforum/3814588639/index.php?t=rview&unsub=1&frm_ id=5

The links are incomplete.

Jon Moss
Re: Track Topic Not Working [message #20749 is a reply to message #20748] Wed, 27 October 2004 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Use the forum's message editor or edit the msg file inside the i18n/your_language/ directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Track Topic Not Working [message #20752 is a reply to message #20749] Wed, 27 October 2004 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ilia wrote on Wed, 27 October 2004 11:33

Use the forum's message editor or edit the msg file inside the i18n/your_language/ directory.

I found (I think) the correct message template (iemail?) to edit and made the changes. But when I tried to rebuild the theme, I get this error message:

Quote:

duplicated message: in /usr/local/share/squadrafiles/fudforum/3814588639/thm/default/i18n/english/ msg on line #583, previous entry found on line #579 in /usr/local/share/squadrafiles/fudforum/3814588639/thm/default/i18n/english/ msg

What did I do wrong?

Jon Moss

[Updated on: Wed, 27 October 2004 19:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Track Topic Not Working [message #20755 is a reply to message #20752] Wed, 27 October 2004 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Error seems pretty descriptive, you have duplicate entries in the message file. Just remove the duplicate from the file and rebuild the theme.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Track Topic Not Working [message #20756 is a reply to message #20755] Wed, 27 October 2004 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Actually, there were ^M codes in the msg file that were causing this problem. I manually (with vi) edited the msg file. Then I rebuilt the theme with no errors.

However, I don't seem to be receiving any notifications (again) after editing/rebuilding this message/theme.

Should I restart apache?

Jon Moss
Re: Track Topic Not Working [message #20757 is a reply to message #20756] Wed, 27 October 2004 20:38 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
You can try but that shouldn't really make a difference. just make sure that SMTP sending is still enabled.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Reverse Sort Order for Flat View
Next Topic: eGW maillist.php error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 25 00:31:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02783 seconds