FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » How to import messages from mailing lists
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
How to import messages from mailing lists [message #20847] Sat, 30 October 2004 13:31 Go to next message
tibolists is currently offline  tibolists   France
Hi,

I did configure fudforum to mail every post on a forum to an external mailing-list.
Now I need to know how to import the messages on the external mailing lists into the forum ?

[Updated on: Sat, 30 October 2004 13:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to import messages from mailing lists [message #20852 is a reply to message #20847] Sat, 30 October 2004 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Follow the simple instruction of the mailing control in the admin control panel.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How to import messages from mailing lists [message #20921 is a reply to message #20852] Tue, 02 November 2004 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that is the note that i've got to follow to import emails form a mailing into the forum.
I do not find any other setting to set.

**Notes***
Exec Line parameter in the table above shows the execution line that you will need to pipe the mailing list messages to.
Procmail example:

:0:
* ^TO_.*php-general(at)lists(dot)php(dot)net
| /home/forum/F/test/maillist.php 1

It certainly looks clear to you, but not to me.
first of all, the only file named maillist.php is in fudforum/setup/base/scripts/maillist.php

Is this the one I got to call from my email filtering rule ?
Re: How to import messages from mailing lists [message #20922 is a reply to message #20921] Tue, 02 November 2004 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The file you've indicated is the file you should be using.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How to import messages from mailing lists [message #20923 is a reply to message #20922] Tue, 02 November 2004 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok,
but nothing happend.
No messages are importing in the forum.
Do i need to edit the file ?
Is the location of this file is good, or do i need to move it under my forum directory ?
Re: How to import messages from mailing lists [message #20924 is a reply to message #20923] Tue, 02 November 2004 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Did you unlock the forum before running the script?
Is there a GLOBALS.php file or a symlink in the same dir as the script?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How to import messages from mailing lists [message #21082 is a reply to message #20847] Thu, 11 November 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tizz is currently offline  tizz   United States
I am having the same problem. There is a GLOBALS.php file in the same directory that I am executing the script.

I have simpel sample email message in /tmp/samplemail.

I run:

cat /tmp/samplemail | /opt/wwwroot/egroupwaredocroot/fudforum/3814588639/scripts/maillist.php 1

The script returns with no errors, but I get no messages in the forum. Is there an easy way to debug this script?

The forum is unlocked according to the web page. But I think there is an lock/unlock bug in the version of FF/eGW that I am using.

Regards
-Dean
Re: How to import messages from mailing lists [message #21097 is a reply to message #20924] Sat, 13 November 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My filter work,
the script maillist.php is called and return this error:

File 'NONEXISTENT/charsets/?.conf' not found (Errcode: 2)Character set '#14' is not a compiled character set and is not specified in the 'NONEXISTENT/charsets/Index' file

Any explanation ?
Re: How to import messages from mailing lists [message #21098 is a reply to message #21097] Sat, 13 November 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The error seems to come from the integration of fudforum and egw.
the reason is that the error appear in maillist.php when it includes the egw file named header.inc.php

Re: How to import messages from mailing lists [message #21102 is a reply to message #21098] Sat, 13 November 2004 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
On which line of the script does this error occur?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How to import messages from mailing lists [message #21115 is a reply to message #21102] Mon, 15 November 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

As i modify the scripts multiple time to try to debug it, giving you the line # will not be a good idea.

The line # is above 330 it's sure, and it's:
require_once($egw_dir. '/header.inc.php');

the error occurs in some egw scripts, seems to be some scripts that manage translations.

then I supposed that something in the integration of fudforums in egw is buggy in term of translation.

Is fudforum still use its internationalization capabilities, or does it use the one of egw when the integration is done ?

Re: How to import messages from mailing lists [message #21117 is a reply to message #21115] Mon, 15 November 2004 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
fudforum uses it's own i18n stuff..

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How to import messages from mailing lists [message #23093 is a reply to message #21117] Fri, 04 March 2005 11:45 Go to previous message
The error happend in mailist.php when header.inc.php is included.

Normally there's no reason for this.

this script does not provide any error with any of my other apps on EGW.

any idea ?

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Installing FudForum in egourpware
Next Topic: Implementing Fud Forum 2.6.0 in E-GroupWare 1..0.0.006
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 19 02:37:53 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02605 seconds