FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » language selection at the registration
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
language selection at the registration [message #21934] Tue, 04 January 2005 14:07 Go to next message
tufan is currently offline  tufan   Turkey
Hi,

I just did a quick search, so I'm sorry if it's already been suggested/discussed.

How about presenting the registration process in all the languages available, so that visitors who want to register to the forum can do so in their own language?

Or perhaps this is a 'howto' question Rolling Eyes

Is it possible for users to select the language of the registration process (the form in the registration seems to be the same in users' cp, which has been translated anyway).

And a suggestion to community members who have a talent in graphic design: Please, more themes and button sets Embarassed

I always aprecieated the technical structure and coding style of fudforum, which even got better and better everyday.

However, the less number of the visual parts CONTRIBUTED (colors, button sets, smileys, avatars, layouts), compared to other popular forums, is something I can't understand. And most users, if not all of them, at least the ones I came accross Confused, just want more choice of visual styles.

If only I could do more, but I suck at choosing colors Cool

{Edit: Syntax and grammar checks}

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/firefox2/firefox-spread-btn-1.png

[Updated on: Tue, 04 January 2005 14:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: language selection at the registration [message #21947 is a reply to message #21934] Tue, 04 January 2005 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Most installations are single language based, so multiple variants of the registrations are pretty pointless for those installs and would only waste system resources.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: language selection at the registration [message #21979 is a reply to message #21947] Thu, 06 January 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Quote:

Most installations are single language based, so multiple variants of the registrations are pretty pointless for those installs ...

So, do you intend to remove the current multiple language options in the future?
(Nearly) the only part of fudforum that is not available in multilanguage is the registration part.
So, do you think all other parts are 'pointfull', and just the registration part is pointless?

Sorry, I couldn't get the point Confused

Quote:

... and would only waste system resources.

I disagree:

- it wouldn't be a 'waste' of sys. res.
- it won't eat up more sys. res. than using the forum in another lang (after the reg.) Rolling Eyes

As much as I understand, you just 'personally' didn't like the suggestion Twisted Evil

cya,
tiu

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/firefox2/firefox-spread-btn-1.png
Re: language selection at the registration [message #21981 is a reply to message #21979] Thu, 06 January 2005 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gladiator is currently offline  gladiator   China
tiufang wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 17:28

Quote:

Most installations are single language based, so multiple variants of the registrations are pretty pointless for those installs ...

Hmm, I think you really didn't get the point. Razz
Re: language selection at the registration [message #21983 is a reply to message #21981] Thu, 06 January 2005 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gladiator wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 17:22

tiufang wrote on Thu, 06 January 2005 17:28

Quote:

Hmm, I think you really didn't get the point. Razz

So, perhaps you can tell me if you did understand the difference of 'another-language OPTION in registration' than 'another-language OPTION in rest-of-the-site', which makes the former pointless without affecting the latter ... Rolling Eyes

Please do not misunderstand, it's obvious that you have right to ignore a suggestion without even giving a reason. But if this is the case, say so Smile

It was a just a suggestion anyway, it wasn't even mine. I don't have problems in registering using the English interface Smile But people exist, who do... Rolling Eyes

Re: language selection at the registration [message #21986 is a reply to message #21983] Thu, 06 January 2005 17:22 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, for forums where most users use a language other then english, the admin really should switch the default language to what is appropriate. I mean many users of FUDforum have do exactly that.

So the only application where what is being suggested would work is if there is a forum where there are multiple active languages available. That as I've mentioned is fairly rare and then only the registration step would require this hack since post registration a user can choose a different language if one was made available by the admin.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: invitation and registration?
Next Topic: PDF
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 18:32:09 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02735 seconds