FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Bulk Move/Delete of messages
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Bulk Move/Delete of messages [message #22903] Sun, 20 February 2005 19:19 Go to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Please consider the following for a future release of FUDforum:

Instead of the current "Moderator Options: Move | Delete" links next to each message, put a check box next to each message and at the bottom - "Move All Checked" and "Delete All Checked" links.

This will allow moderators to move/delete messages in bulk. For an example implementation look at the YaBB SP2 system.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Bulk Move/Delete of messages [message #22904 is a reply to message #22903] Sun, 20 February 2005 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
For mass deletions you really should use the admin prunning control panel. I am really sceptical regarding the need for such a feature.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Bulk Move/Delete of messages [message #22910 is a reply to message #22904] Mon, 21 February 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Eigen is currently offline  Tobias Eigen   United States
Hi Ilia -

Actually, it's very nice to be able to see exactly what messages are being mass deleted. I'm reluctant to touch the prune feature because it doesn't let me see what messages are being pruned.

Cheers,

Tobias

Kabissa - Space for change in Africa
Re: Bulk Move/Delete of messages [message #22928 is a reply to message #22910] Mon, 21 February 2005 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
This would be a great addition to FUDforum and will make moderation of large forums much easier.

For example, I would like to split a busy forum and move some topics to the new forum, with the current moderation system, it will take me several years!

Best regard.

Frank
Re: Bulk Move/Delete of messages [message #22960 is a reply to message #22928] Wed, 23 February 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Added in CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Bulk Move/Delete of messages [message #22975 is a reply to message #22960] Wed, 23 February 2005 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Hi Ilia,

I've applied the patch and can see the new "Delete All Selected" and "Move All Selected" buttons. However clicking on any one of them returns me to the forum home (URL: /forum/index.php/mmd/2/) without doing anything.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Bulk Move/Delete of messages [message #22976 is a reply to message #22975] Wed, 23 February 2005 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to select some topics...

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Bulk Move/Delete of messages [message #22977 is a reply to message #22976] Wed, 23 February 2005 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The other likely problem is that patch manager didn't show the 2 newly added files mmd.php.t and mmd.tmpl, without them you'd effectively be missing the control panel that does the work Smile

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Bulk Move/Delete of messages [message #22978 is a reply to message #22977] Wed, 23 February 2005 16:48 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
I've missed the 2 new files. Anyway, thank you very much for adding this feature!

Best regards.

Frank
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Enhancements to CP's Mass Email
Next Topic: Group-/Memberlist
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 25 16:33:32 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03591 seconds