FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Return to originating page after message delete/move
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Return to originating page after message delete/move [message #23174] Mon, 07 March 2005 20:46 Go to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Hi,

After moving or deleting a message (or messages), the user/moderator is returned to the first page of the forum. Would it be possible to return the user to the originating page instead?

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Return to originating page after message delete/move [message #23175 is a reply to message #23174] Mon, 07 March 2005 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Whenever possible it already being done.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Return to originating page after message delete/move [message #23246 is a reply to message #23175] Thu, 10 March 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   South Africa
I've tested single message delete and move, as well as bulk delete and move, and it never returns to the originating page.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Return to originating page after message delete/move [message #23249 is a reply to message #23246] Thu, 10 March 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
That is simply not the case, I've tested it on my development forum and it had worked in all instances where a redirect back was possible.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Return to originating page after message delete/move [message #23272 is a reply to message #23249] Thu, 10 March 2005 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   South Africa
Hi,

In that case there is something wrong with my forum as I can consistently reproduce the problem. Can it maybe be because I'm using PATH_INFO templates?

Anyone else that can quickly test this and report back your findings?

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Return to originating page after message delete/move [message #23273 is a reply to message #23272] Thu, 10 March 2005 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I can confirm that it works with PATH_INFO theme.

Deleting a topic from a topic list, returned me back to the topic list.
Deleting a message inside a topic, returned me to that same topic upon message removal.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Return to originating page after message delete/move [message #23274 is a reply to message #23273] Thu, 10 March 2005 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
We are not on the same level:

In a forum, go to page 2 (or any other page, just not page 1). Delete or move a message and you will always be returned to page 1.

This becomes a real pain in the behind if you were on page 52, and you need to get there again to continue your work.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Return to originating page after message delete/move [message #23288 is a reply to message #23274] Thu, 10 March 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The following patch should take care of this.
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=3429

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Return to originating page after message delete/move [message #23309 is a reply to message #23288] Fri, 11 March 2005 15:21 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Thank you so much!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: I would like mathml support
Next Topic: Moderator options for topic display
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 25 22:06:15 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03126 seconds