FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Stick topics
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Stick topics [message #23407] Tue, 15 March 2005 17:10 Go to next message
nstorm is currently offline  nstorm   Russian Federation
Suggestion: Add 'stick' link to moderator actions at topic listing. So moderator could make topick sticky without going to edit topic ending with 'Edited by moderator ...' in message.

Reason: Sometimes users post useful topics, for example some FAQ or else. Sometimes moderator can consider this topic should become sticky. It should be possible to do this easy.
Re: Stick topics [message #23408 is a reply to message #23407] Tue, 15 March 2005 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm... more thoughts on this feature, if this is to be implemented, that probably could be better to be 'stick/unstick'.
I guess the reason is straight and not to be mentioned.
Re: Stick topics [message #23409 is a reply to message #23408] Tue, 15 March 2005 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, you can disable displaying of "Edited by Moderator" inside the forum settings. As far as "unsticking" a message you simply change the topic from Announcement/Sticky to the regular status.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Stick topics [message #23410 is a reply to message #23407] Tue, 15 March 2005 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is not appropriate because message should have notices if they really was edited by moderator. But if moderator is just made topic sticky it can confuse author.

And yes, I know that topic can made unstick again by a simple change to regular status, but this yelds same misunderstanding on what was edited.
Re: Stick topics [message #23411 is a reply to message #23410] Tue, 15 March 2005 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I don't see much misunderstanding in this case.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Stick topics [message #23413 is a reply to message #23407] Tue, 15 March 2005 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
I would like to voice my support for this feature.

I think it would be a bit easier if there were a toggle for moderators just like "Lock Topic". I also think it would be a bit more intuitive.
Re: Stick topics [message #23419 is a reply to message #23413] Tue, 15 March 2005 21:41 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Because sticky status is not the only option you cannot have a toggle which implies On/Off, here you have Sticky/Announcement/None.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Automatic topic locking
Next Topic: FUDforum for a big board - some thoughts...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 25 08:07:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02939 seconds