FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » Tree view not displaying for messages
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Tree view not displaying for messages [message #23600] Wed, 23 March 2005 22:04 Go to next message
Robert is currently offline  Robert   United States
I have a perplexing problem. The "tree view" option is being displayed for my topics view but not my messages. When I open the topic list of the forum, a "tree view" button is displayed. However, when I select a particular topic and view the messages that have multiple message threads, no "tree view" button is displayed. Below are my fudForum eGw setting:

(Admin) Allow Tree View of Thread Listing: Yes
(Admin) Default Topic View: Flat thread listing / tree message listing
(Personal) Default Topic View: Flat view message and topic listing

The very strange thing is if I change my personal preferences to...

(Personal) Default Topic View: Tree view message and topic listing

and I then open a message, I get an error message stating "Disabled feature. This feature has been disabled by the system administrator". However, the only setting I know of that would disable the tree view thread (for topics) is set to allow it to be displayed.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?
Re: Tree view not displaying for messages [message #23632 is a reply to message #23600] Thu, 24 March 2005 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
check the value of the "Disable Tree View of Message Listing" option.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Tree view not displaying for messages [message #23635 is a reply to message #23632] Thu, 24 March 2005 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have searched the admin and personal preferences for fudforum eGw and only found the setting "Allow Tree View of Thread Listing". I have set this to "yes".

Embarassed I'm a little embarassed. I have not been able to find a setting called "Disable Tree View of Message Listing". Is this option availble in fudFourm eGw? I've clicked every link and reviewed the globabl.php file. I can't seem to find it.
Re: Tree view not displaying for messages [message #23643 is a reply to message #23635] Thu, 24 March 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
There is a bug in the name of the option in EGW.

You need to disable the "Disable ignore user functionality." option and the error will go away.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Tree view not displaying for messages [message #23648 is a reply to message #23643] Fri, 25 March 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Disable Ignore User: is set to "yes" however, I am unable to see the tree view button for messages
Re: Tree view not displaying for messages [message #23664 is a reply to message #23648] Fri, 25 March 2005 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Try setting it to NO.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Tree view not displaying for messages [message #23702 is a reply to message #23664] Sat, 26 March 2005 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I have set the option "Disable Ignore User:" to both "yes" and "no" and the tree view does not show for messages.

I have my eGw site set up for multipule domains. As a test, I created a fudforum under a new domain and the "tree view" button displays properly. When I set the option "Disable Ignore User:" to "yes" in this new forum, the "tree view" disappears. When I set it to "no" it reappears. However, nn my already existing domain when I change this setting, it has no effect.
Re: Tree view not displaying for messages [message #23761 is a reply to message #23702] Mon, 28 March 2005 16:26 Go to previous message
I deleted the forum and all of the data from the applications area and reinstalled fudForum eGw. This fixed the problem. I could delete all forum data since the forum was being used for testing purposes only. If the same problem occurs in the future, I probably will not have the option of removing fudforum since the site will be part of a live environment in a few days.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUDforum setup within egroupware
Next Topic: threads and posts are mixed up
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 19 02:36:28 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02559 seconds