FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » threads and posts are mixed up
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
threads and posts are mixed up [message #23860] Sat, 02 April 2005 01:40 Go to next message
stim is currently offline  stim   United States
(Last week, someone moved some threads to a different forum. If that didn't cause this, I don't know what did!)

Now, some threads have incorrect information - a post made a month ago is overwritten by half of a post made a week ago (in a completely different forum!) and half of a post make a few weeks before that. The rest of that thread is blank, even though it wasn't before. I diffed the msg_1 file against the backup - and the only difference is the posts that were made after the last backup.

What caused this? How can I make everything work like it did before?

Thanks!
Re: threads and posts are mixed up [message #23877 is a reply to message #23860] Sun, 03 April 2005 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
When you move messages or topics, the content of the msg_1 file does not change what so ever. For that matter most values inside the messages SQL table don't change either other then the thread_id and even that only if the topic is being split into parts.

So moving things around was definately not the cause.

I'd say the message compactor has caused problem if it was run, but it does not seem to be the case since you diffed the current file against the backup and they are same (discounting new messages).

Do you have a backup of the msg SQL table?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: threads and posts are mixed up [message #23903 is a reply to message #23877] Tue, 05 April 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stim is currently offline  stim   United States
I do, and I looked at the difference between the last dump (a month ago Confused ) and the current one. There are some ids in the old one that aren't in the new and vice versa. (The taken ids seem kind of random - eg, old has a gap 174-179 and new has a gap 334-338.) Only one row is in both and is different - it has different attach_cache.

Does that shed any light on this?
Re: threads and posts are mixed up [message #23915 is a reply to message #23903] Tue, 05 April 2005 14:20 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Well generally speaking the only way you can end up with corrupt message bodies is if somehow the offset/length values inside the msg database were corrupted. Those two values are being used by the forum to fetch the message body from the message storage repository.

Pick a corrupted message from the forum and try to find it's offset/length values in both the new & and old database.
Then using those values fetch the message body from msg_1 file and see which of the two get's you the actual body.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Tree view not displaying for messages
Next Topic: disabling the option of UPload files
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 26 16:48:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02896 seconds