FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » 2Ilia: Are there any variants for copyrights removal?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  2Ilia: Are there any variants for copyrights removal? [message #24071] Wed, 13 April 2005 13:27 Go to next message
akie is currently offline  akie   Russian Federation

I know that FUDforum is distributed under GPL, i.e. I cannot remove copyright from the footer.

I gonna use FUDforum as a part of some portal.
I really want to use FUDforum, I hate PHPBB2, IPB, etc. But for the reasons of security and design I need to remove copyrights or modify its placement (maybe one button on the index page?). I am ready to pay for this or make a donation.

Are there any variants?

[Updated on: Wed, 13 April 2005 13:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 2Ilia: Are there any variants for copyrights removal? [message #24075 is a reply to message #24071] Wed, 13 April 2005 20:22 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
GPL does not say you cannot remove the copyright notice shown in the footer of the forum. What it does that is that you cannot move the copyright comment headers found in the source files (does not get displayed to screen).

The bottom line, if you MUST you can edit the footer and remove the: