FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Convert large phpBB2 forum to FUD 2.6.12
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Convert large phpBB2 forum to FUD 2.6.12 [message #24170] Mon, 18 April 2005 13:46 Go to next message
Xenboy is currently offline  Xenboy   United States
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
I am trying to use the phpBB 2 --> FUD 2.6.x conversion script to convert a large modified phpBB 2.0.13 forum to FUD 2.6.12. I did this successfully for a small forum, but with a large forum, the page tries to load for a few minutes (and both Apache and MySQL are working hard during that time) but after a few minutes the loading just stops and nothing is displayed in the browser.

Nothing is actually imported into FUD.

I tried editing the php.ini file to allow for really long execution times and lots of memory usage, but it still doesn't work.

The phpBB forum has 600+ members and 8000+ articles with about 250 smilies.

Has anyone ever gotten such a large phpBB forum successfully converted?
Re: Convert large phpBB2 forum to FUD 2.6.12 [message #24171 is a reply to message #24170] Mon, 18 April 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
Many people have, I have done so many times personally for various clients. The problem in your case is that you have quite a bit of data and PHP has execution time limit, that restricts the duration of time for which a script can run. The solution can be either to run the script via the command line or increase this limit.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Convert large phpBB2 forum to FUD 2.6.12 [message #24174 is a reply to message #24170] Mon, 18 April 2005 16:05 Go to previous message
Xenboy is currently offline  Xenboy   United States
add to buddy list
Yes, running the script from the shell did the trick, now if only the converter converted all the member groups I had set up... Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 18 April 2005 16:06]

Report message to a moderator

Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: live/auto themes?
Next Topic: Missing file
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 13:05:33 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00587 seconds