FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » pubcookie authentication
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
pubcookie authentication [message #24255] Thu, 21 April 2005 11:31 Go to next message
biteme is currently offline  biteme   Ireland
hi,

just wondering how i would go about modding the auth system to work the way i want it

I want to use fudforum to act as a web interface for a private nntp server which is currently accessed from a shell client on the same unix box. so i need a way of modding the auth system in fudforum so that the users allowed to log onto the unix box can log into fudforum and use it as a web front end for the nntp server. pubcookie is set up to authenticate with ldap which means users can log into the server and the environment varible REMOTE_USER is given the value of the username

Anyone have any idea's how'd i go about modding the auth system to allow for this kind of system??

thanks
dave
Re: pubcookie authentication [message #24261 is a reply to message #24255] Thu, 21 April 2005 13:48 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Simplest mechanism would be to deny anonymous users access to the forum. And then have a periodic cronjob add new ldap add (and remove no longer used ones) users to the forum. That way you can avoid having to modify any of the forum's source code.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Codes to judge Simplified Chinese characters(GB2312)
Next Topic: Admin Members List
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 22:45:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02936 seconds