FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Login before viewing anything. I mean anything!
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Login before viewing anything. I mean anything! [message #25222] Tue, 31 May 2005 21:56 Go to next message
enicholse is currently offline  enicholse   United States
Several postings are from people wanting to prevent users from seeing members, postings, user stats or just about anything like in my case I dont want users to see anything but a login until they are logged in. It looks like someone submitted a hack for this but Im not about to try it after reading the postings about it. I want it to be supported by the developers.

Aloha, Eric

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 21:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Login before viewing anything. I mean anything! [message #25227 is a reply to message #25222] Wed, 01 June 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can disable member search & view of anything for anon users already without a need for any hacks.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Login before viewing anything. I mean anything! [message #25232 is a reply to message #25222] Wed, 01 June 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   United States
Can you disable people seeing "The newest registered user is newuser", "show what people are doing", and "Today's Visitors"?

If a user can see this information it reveals a potential security and privacy breach.
Re: Login before viewing anything. I mean anything! [message #25236 is a reply to message #25222] Wed, 01 June 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am able to remove this information with {IF: __fud_real_user__} in logedin.tmpl but it would be nice if there were a more elegant way of doing it. If someone knew the url, they could type it in and get the information I want to restrict from them.

Aloha, Eric
Re: Login before viewing anything. I mean anything! [message #25237 is a reply to message #25222] Wed, 01 June 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For example someone can go to the site where I have disabled
"Logged in users list [show what people are doing] [Today's Visitors]" using {IF: __fud_real_user__} in logedin.tmpl, not log in and type in http://forum.server.domain/index.php?t=online_today and see who some of the users are. Its not an elegant solution.

Aloha, Eric

[Updated on: Wed, 01 June 2005 02:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Login before viewing anything. I mean anything! [message #25238 is a reply to message #25237] Wed, 01 June 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Just modify the header to redirect any non-registered users to the login page if they are not there alrady.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Login before viewing anything. I mean anything! [message #25268 is a reply to message #25222] Fri, 03 June 2005 02:47 Go to previous message
Can anyone reply with a code snippet enabling this functionality? My understanding of PHP and FUDforum is limited.

Aloha, Eric
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Theme Management CP ability to remove template sets
Next Topic: Alternate tree-view style
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 19 03:05:22 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02701 seconds