FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » a very minor issue
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
a very minor issue [message #26950] Tue, 23 August 2005 07:59 Go to next message
XIXs is currently offline  XIXs   United Kingdom

I just tried upgrading from 2.6.12 to 2.6.15

I took a forum dump, set up a temporary forum, imported the data then ran the upgrade script there.

Things went wrong when I ran the upgrade script.

I created a user and database for this task and unfortunately decided to call the user "01" what happened after I ran the upgrade was that the GLOBALS.php had this line in it.

$DBHOST_USER = 01;

The leading 0 gets removed and the database was no longer accessible as user '1' didn't exist. This was working before the upgrade so I guess the upgrade script converted the string '01' to a number at some point.

A silly thing, but I thought I would mention it as it may cause other less obvious problems.
Re: a very minor issue [message #26953 is a reply to message #26950] Tue, 23 August 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed in CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: a very minor issue [message #26954 is a reply to message #26950] Tue, 23 August 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hit another problem.

Like I said I was trying to upgrade, I did a datadump, setup a temporary local install, imported data, upgraded that install with the plan of doing a fresh install on the server and just importing the data from the local temporary install.

I only have limited access to the remote machine which is why I decided to go this roundabout way in the hope of catching any problems in a more controlled environment.

Didn't work, the local version is on a windows machine, the datadump from that doesn't import correctly on a *nix machine.

Well it mostly does but it breaks the images directory, rather than creating an 'images' directory it creates a '\images' directory.

Looking at the dumpfile I was trying to import it has 'WWW_ROOT_DISK\images' references in it when I'd guess it should have 'WWW_ROOT_DISK/images'. It looks like everywhere else '/'s are used so it just seems to be that part where its getting confused.
Re: a very minor issue [message #26955 is a reply to message #26954] Tue, 23 August 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
This is fixed in CVS with the following patch:
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=7240

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: a very minor issue [message #26969 is a reply to message #26955] Tue, 23 August 2005 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

thanx

s/str_relace/str_replace

But obviously that fixes the problem.

I completely failed to get the cvs checkout building a working install or upgrade though. That will be down to me trying to do it on windows, redirects are probably text so the >> completely mangles the binary output.

One other thing I noticed was that the export and import seem to get confused and try to use the wrong dir for things if you installed fud to a web directory and a non web directory rather than having them both point to the same place. Probably down to trying to export from a single dir install and import into a double dir one or visa versa.

Sorry, I've been installing/importing/exporting a lot today :)
Re: a very minor issue [message #26976 is a reply to message #26969] Tue, 23 August 2005 23:11 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
The typo was fixed and I added handlers for situations where the source forum is all in one dir and dest forum is split across many dirs. Both are part of the 2.7.1 release.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Host doesn't allow mod_php (.htaccess)
Next Topic: Failed to import default data...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 14:15:12 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02078 seconds