FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » PayPal cash for FUDForum scripts and hacks -- can you help...  () 1 Vote
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
PayPal cash for FUDForum scripts and hacks -- can you help... [message #27639] Sun, 18 September 2005 14:00 Go to next message
Markus Allen is currently offline  Markus Allen   United States
Are you a programmer with FUDForum scripts, hacks, and tweaks I might be able to buy from you?

Right now, I'm specifically looking for stuff like:

- Display the most popular discussions on a remote web page (via RSS)...
- Encourage lurkers to "Rank Topic" with a flyin or hover ad...
- Save a new topic/reply just like you can as a private message...
- And any other scripts that makes us say, "Wow, that's cool"

Can you help? Please point me to demos I can look at -- I've got instant PayPal cash (and 2- to 3-day iKobo cash if you're in Russia or other countries that don't offer PayPal):>

Click the reply button and show off your stuff.
Re: PayPal cash for FUDForum scripts and hacks -- can you help... [message #27643 is a reply to message #27639] Sun, 18 September 2005 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can already "save" normal messages by enabling the PDF generation functionality inside the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: PayPal cash for FUDForum scripts and hacks -- can you help... [message #27644 is a reply to message #27643] Sun, 18 September 2005 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Allen is currently offline  Markus Allen   United States
Ilia wrote on Sun, 18 September 2005 11:15

You can already "save" normal messages by enabling the PDF generation functionality inside the forum.

Yes, that's true and amazing, Ilia.

But I often find myself typing a new post (or reply) and then get distracted...

... And when I return, I'll accidentally lose my post before I get a chance to preview it.

Also, If I'm not distracted, I find my posts are better when I "sit on it" for an hour or so and return.

Would anyone else like to see this "Draft" feature?
Re: PayPal cash for FUDForum scripts and hacks -- can you help... [message #29205 is a reply to message #27644] Sun, 04 December 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wild_Cat is currently offline  Wild_Cat   Ukraine
Yeah, a Draft feature would be nice (do we still loose the post after inactivity period??? I think last I used FUD I simply stripped this function of time-out away...)
But I can only begin to imagine how much work it would require to be really useful and full-featured, so that you could close your browser, trun off-computer, or make several drafts in different topics.... Unless someone comes up with simple and efficient working algorythm for such a function.

Lady of Avalon
Re: PayPal cash for FUDForum scripts and hacks -- can you help... [message #31578 is a reply to message #29205] Mon, 08 May 2006 16:44 Go to previous message
Doorknob   United States
Wild_Cat wrote on Sat, 03 December 2005 19:08

Yeah, a Draft feature would be nice (do we still loose the post after inactivity period??? I think last I used FUD I simply stripped this function of time-out away...)
But I can only begin to imagine how much work it would require to be really useful and full-featured, so that you could close your browser, trun off-computer, or make several drafts in different topics.... Unless someone comes up with simple and efficient working algorythm for such a function.

I don't understand, what would be so slow or difficult about it? i.e. wouldn't it bascially be just another post, except it's stored as a draft and not visible, rather than being an actual post. Maybe someone could explain this to me.....

I mean, on the surface it seems like it's the same 'ol task of storing and retrieving posts....

And if there is some difficulty in it....well, you could always ask other large systems with other such features how they overcame the problem (Livejournal, with millions of users, offers a draft feature)

[Updated on: Mon, 08 May 2006 16:55]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: You do not have appropriate permissions needed to see this topic.
Next Topic: Help with minitokyo.net
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 21:06:34 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02920 seconds