FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Installation fails after step 5
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Installation fails after step 5 [message #27738] Fri, 23 September 2005 18:30 Go to next message
Corasik is currently offline  Corasik   United Kingdom
Installation steps 1-5 work with no problem, but the following error comes up as it tries to finish the installation.

Notice: Use of undefined constant GLOB_BRACE - assumed 'GLOB_BRACE' in /wyenet/web/forsaken/FUDforum/include/compiler.inc on line 688

The majority of the forum gets installed and works, but all the images for themes, message icons etc doesnt get installed.

Im trying to install on an Apache 2.0.54 server, on Solaris 9, with PHP 5.0.4. However I've tried on another server which is Apache 2.0.54/solaris 9, with PHP 4.3.4 and got exactly the same error, at the same place.

Not running PHP in safe mode.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Thanks.
Re: Installation fails after step 5 [message #27741 is a reply to message #27738] Fri, 23 September 2005 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The problem is that Solaris 9 does not support GLOB_BRACE flag for glob() function. I've added a work-around which you can find in CVS
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=7345

Apply this patch, then login (you should be able to do that) only image copying failed and then rebuild the theme via the theme manager.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Installation fails after step 5 [message #27742 is a reply to message #27741] Fri, 23 September 2005 22:27 Go to previous message
Corasik is currently offline  Corasik   United Kingdom
Thank you, I'll try that.

Yep, I had to copy the theme images by hand still, but the theme rebuild worked, and added in the Message Icons and stuff.

[Updated on: Fri, 23 September 2005 22:44]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: New Messege Post
Next Topic: Failure on new install V2.7.3RC1
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 17:46:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02798 seconds