FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » FUDForum stopped working
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
FUDForum stopped working [message #27743] Fri, 23 September 2005 19:36 Go to next message
Abraxa is currently offline  Abraxa   Germany
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Heya Smile

My installation of FUDForum (v2.6.3) stopped working after my host updated PHP and MySQL to version 5.0.5 and 4.1.14, respectively.
When I log on it fills the fud_ses table accordingly and even shows me as a logged on user but the forum itself treats me as if I weren't. When I try logging on to the admin panel directly it pretends that it logged me in (the page I get directed to has a session variable) but all it shows is the blank login form again.

Any idea what could be going on?

-Abraxa
Re: FUDForum stopped working [message #27746 is a reply to message #27743] Sat, 24 September 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
You need to upgrade to 2.7.2 that has 5.0.5 specific fixes.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FUDForum stopped working [message #27754 is a reply to message #27743] Sat, 24 September 2005 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
I tried, however I have majorly modified the FUDforum/src and FUDforum/thm/default/tmpl folders and the upgrade script replaces some of the files in there with "updated" versions (ie. thm/default/tmpl/messages) and when it tries to recompile the theme it fails as should be obvious... is there any way to get the upgrade script to leave the /src and /thm directories alone?

Also I've been looking around the CVS and have been unable to find a commit before the release of 2.7.2 that would give me a clue about how I could manually fix the problem. Maybe you remember which commit it was that I need to apply to my installation?

-Abraxa

[Updated on: Sat, 24 September 2005 18:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FUDForum stopped working [message #27755 is a reply to message #27743] Sat, 24 September 2005 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Issue is resolved now, after analyzing the problem it turned out that some links didn't have {DEF: _rsid} in their URLs stored in thm/default/tmpl/messages.

Thanks for your assistance nonetheless Smile

-Abraxa
Re: FUDForum stopped working [message #27765 is a reply to message #27754] Sun, 25 September 2005 10:25 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
When you run the upgrade script it makes backups of the modified files into .backup directory which can be found inside the errors/ directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: A little display improvement
Next Topic: Mass cracking of FUDForum sites
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 16 21:55:52 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00707 seconds