FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Fudforum in phpgroupware missing buttons at top of page.
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon8.gif  Fudforum in phpgroupware missing buttons at top of page. [message #27971] Mon, 03 October 2005 21:23 Go to next message
burnt-toast is currently offline  burnt-toast   United States
Recently I installed the fudforum package on a debian system which is integrated within phpgroupware. Now I know this isn't specifially the best place to ask for this type of help since it is a modified version of fudforum. But...

My problem is as follows:
I installed the phpgroupware-fudforum package 0.9.16.008-1
installation did have problems immediately with permissions during installation... (I have seen other people here have the same problem.) I seemed to have worked around that issue by temporarily chmod -R 777 ./* the fudforum directory. Then I logged into the administrative interface and proceeded to setup the forum... seemingly ok... until I went into the group manager... then when I clicked on manage users under one of the groups it said I did not have permissions.

So I went into the database, figured out the bitmask I needed to add to my account and changed it there (mysql). Now I can manage users... but I have no buttons on my index.php page at the top for private messaging, members, search, FAQ, Home, etc... (this has been a problem since installation.)

What I need to know is. Nothing is logged in the fudforum error log about missing files, nor is anything logged into apache2's error log about missing files. I have not been able to locate what file generates that section of the page, nor have I been able to identify the template in charge of that.

I know the login property's of fudforum has been modified to integrate with the authentication system of phpgroupware. But I cannot seem to find the buttons for the life of me. (for instance... I am marked as the moderator on all forums. but when I submit a post on a moderated forum (as another user). it says "submitted to moderator for review", but I cannot for the life of me see any messages pending moderation or my incoming pm's etc.)

Can I fix this? Is it just my templates that got messed up or something during install? Should I pursue this issue with the maintainers at phpgroupware? And lastly where can I find useful information about how fudforum was written?

I had to search google for about an hour or so to figure out where and how to change my bitmask on my user account to make it the overall administrator...

Any help is appreciated. Flaming is not. Thanks for reading all of this.

Below I have posted relevant system information...

System Configuration
PHP built On: Linux support 2.6.8-2-686-smp #1 SMP Thu May 19 17:27:55 JST 2005 i686
Database Version: 4.0.24_Debian-10-log (MySQL 4.0.2)
PHP Version: 4.3.10-16
Web Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux) PHP/4.3.10-16
WebServer to PHP interface: apache2handler
Forum Version: 2.6.0 (FUD phpGW)
Relavent PHP Settings: Safe Mode: OFF
Open basedir: none
Display Errors: OFF
File Uploads: ON
Magic Quotes: ON
Register Globals: ON
Output Buffering: No
Disabled Functions: none
PDF Support: No
Tokenizer Support: Yes
PSpell Support: No
Zlib Support: Yes

By the way... from what I can tell so far... Excellent program you guys have here...

(EDIT) wow I just realized how old the fudforum is in phpgroupware... if this is a known problem I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction of the fix (/EDIT)

[Updated on: Mon, 03 October 2005 21:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fudforum in phpgroupware missing buttons at top of page. [message #27977 is a reply to message #27971] Mon, 03 October 2005 23:35 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The simple solution is to install the standalone forum Smile.

The images are placed in the proper directories by the template compiler, you can find it's code inside src/compiler.inc

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: NNTP Bug in 2.72/2.73RC1
Next Topic: Upgrade problems
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 25 01:25:12 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02399 seconds