FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Totally stop email to members feature
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Totally stop email to members feature [message #28220] Fri, 14 October 2005 02:51 Go to next message
Hurry   India
Hello! I want to totally avoid the email to members feature for a particular forum installation. This means that no members email should be shown in their profile nor any link in their profile to click to email through system the member through the forum or through the default client. And members should not be able to switch this feature on i.e. they should not get that option at all in their user cp about receiving emails through the forum or showing their dorect email address etc. It should always be switched off. This will ensure complete privacy for everyone if private messaging is also switched off. This is a requirement is specific forums.
Re: Totally stop email to members feature [message #28232 is a reply to message #28220] Fri, 14 October 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   Germany
would be a very nice feature
Re: Totally stop email to members feature [message #28307 is a reply to message #28232] Mon, 17 October 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Right now each user can decide whether they want their e-mail address to be shown or not. I think this is really the best option, it should be noted that by default e-mail address is being hidden.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Totally stop email to members feature [message #28407 is a reply to message #28307] Sun, 23 October 2005 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
Ilia wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 07:27

...it should be noted that by default e-mail address is being hidden.

If the account is created by admin then the email address seems to default to visible.
Re: Totally stop email to members feature [message #28408 is a reply to message #28407] Sun, 23 October 2005 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed in CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Totally stop email to members feature [message #28414 is a reply to message #28220] Sun, 23 October 2005 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hurry   India
I wanted an option that even if an user wanted, it would not be possible to show his or her email address nor for anyone to send an email through the forum system to him or her. Ilia, can you kindly think of adding this option for those who want to use it, especially to prevent misuse of private forums with prestigious members? I hope it will be possible.

[Updated on: Sun, 23 October 2005 18:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Totally stop email to members feature [message #28417 is a reply to message #28414] Sun, 23 October 2005 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I see this option as redundant, each user has this choise, if you want to remove this choice modify the template to prevent them from being able to enable it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Totally stop email to members feature [message #28420 is a reply to message #28220] Sun, 23 October 2005 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hurry   India
Which template should I modify and what changes should I make? Thanks in advance.
Re: Totally stop email to members feature [message #28421 is a reply to message #28420] Sun, 23 October 2005 18:54 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
register.tmpl template and you need to remove the option that allows enabling of e-mail display, converting the input field to a hidden one.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: autodelete feature
Next Topic: Return to folder I was viewing after deleting a PM
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 19 01:12:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02685 seconds