FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Email user log
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Email user log [message #28453] Tue, 25 October 2005 10:36 Go to next message
kenjb is currently offline  kenjb   United States
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Is it possible to add to the "Action Log" when the email user is used and the "from" and "to" fields as a standard action? I don't care who emails who, but I do care if someone is trying to use the emailer to email someone outside of the system or a non-forum member. Currently I don't see anything in the log to indicate email has been sent from FUD to anyone inside or outside the forum. I do not mean the subscriptions email. That file would grow quickly on a busy forum.

I also don't see that user email is being mentioned in the stats. Could that be added as well?

Just a thought.

Thanks

kenjb
Re: Email user log [message #28455 is a reply to message #28453] Tue, 25 October 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
The e-mail functionality is only intended for sending e-mails to existing forum members. It is not a generic purpose mailing software.

The forum does not track e-mails sent, so there are no statistics on the use of this feature, nor do I plan on adding one.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Email user log [message #28461 is a reply to message #28455] Tue, 25 October 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kenjb is currently offline  kenjb   United States
add to buddy list
I was just thinking of security of the emailer in FUD. I don't intend to be a massive email provider for the general public either.

If the FUD emailer is secure in it's use for only forum members and can't be hacked for external use, then I see no need for implementation of logs either.

Thanks for the reply.

kenjb
Re: Email user log [message #28462 is a reply to message #28461] Tue, 25 October 2005 11:44 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
FUD mailer is intended only for delivery of e-mail to "local" users who chose (correctly) not to display their e-mails on a public forum.
The other instances where the mailer can be used, is for sending forum references via e-mail, this feature is available ONLY to the registered members of the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Return to folder I was viewing after deleting a PM
Next Topic: Support for symbol font
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Dec 16 17:45:42 EST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00589 seconds