FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Migrating to a new server
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Migrating to a new server [message #29378] Fri, 16 December 2005 13:40 Go to next message
daddeekool   Canada
Technical requirements mandate installing my existing Forum to a new server. Can I do a data dump, upload that to a file on the new server, install the FudForum and then import the data dump?

Will this create a new set of Forums with existing users, passwords, and specific customizations - or am I expecting too much? Any pointers or tips for installing and migrating my existing Forum to a newly installed one?
Re: Migrating to a new server [message #29387 is a reply to message #29378] Fri, 16 December 2005 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to install the same version of the forum as the one you are running on the old server. Then do a datadump (forum admin control panel) on the old server and import it on to the new forum via import admin control panel. This is all.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Migrating to a new server [message #30904 is a reply to message #29387] Mon, 20 March 2006 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thebugnut is currently offline  thebugnut   Canada
I think I have this same problem.

I have moved to a new server.... but I get an error when trying to import the datadump. But I am trying to import a datadump from version 2.6.13 and teh new server has 2.6.15

Should I install a fresh verion on 2.6.13 , then import the datadump and then upgrade to 2.6.15?

Do you think this will work?

Re: Migrating to a new server [message #30908 is a reply to message #30904] Mon, 20 March 2006 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THAT WORKED!

Alright.... now I only have 1 remaining issue... the messages that had images in them seem to be missing. Where did these images go? If there a folder I need to import or setting I need to change.

Please advize Rolling Eyes
Re: Migrating to a new server [message #30915 is a reply to message #30908] Mon, 20 March 2006 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
When moving forums you should always move between the same versions of the forum. Try running and upgrade script or consistency checker.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Migrating to a new server [message #30918 is a reply to message #30915] Mon, 20 March 2006 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was able to get everything working. I figured out why some of the images where not showing up and the decided to upgrade to 2.6.15

Everything seemed to work well but for some reason on the on the members page and one of the other pages I had no images to go along with the top menu. I then decided to upgrade to 2.7 and see if that would resolve the issue.... after the upgrade to 2.7 I lost everything again.

Ii get an error

Cannot Redeclare fud_sql_error_handler() bla bla bla

Re: Migrating to a new server [message #30919 is a reply to message #30918] Mon, 20 March 2006 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is the exact error....

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare fud_sql_error_handler() (previously declared in /Library/WebServer/Documents/hotrodding/FUDforums/index.php:17) in /Library/WebServer/Documents/FUDforum/include/core.inc on line 141

Re: Migrating to a new server [message #30920 is a reply to message #30918] Mon, 20 March 2006 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Login to the admin control panel by going to:
http://your_forum_url/adm/ and rebuild the theme.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Migrating to a new server [message #30921 is a reply to message #30920] Mon, 20 March 2006 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That doesn't work

I can get into the admin and select to rebuild the theme... but I just get an error.

I get the same error.
Re: Migrating to a new server [message #30942 is a reply to message #30921] Tue, 21 March 2006 14:23 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you try to manually remove the
/Library/WebServer/Documents/hotrodding/FUDforums/index.php
file and then rebuild the theme?

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Convert from Woltlab2 to FUDforum
Next Topic: System Error on Posts after applying theme template
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-