FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » new installation and import of old "core data"
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
new installation and import of old "core data" [message #29873] Sun, 22 January 2006 12:10 Go to next message
Lynky is currently offline  Lynky   Australia
Hi,

I have currently running version 2.6.6 and I'm not really happy with it. It is pretty unstable, has bugs and I think that the database consistancy is not given any more or something else in the data is messed up, so that the users get strange errors (e.g. for searching). That is a result of a few migrations and also 1 complete crash.

I'd like to update to a version that is really STABLE and shows the least know bugs (or none Smile ).

1) I'm thinking version 2.6.15 is my choice - or is there a version that is better/more stable?

2) Is there any way to import just the basic data like members, threads, attachments, polls ... and rebuild tables like e.g. the search table manually?

I'm myself a php developer, so even a solution that needs a bit "footwork" is fine for me. I would really appreciate any help that i can get.

Thanks in advance,

Philipp
Re: new installation and import of old "core data" [message #29892 is a reply to message #29873] Mon, 23 January 2006 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The stablest release would be 2.7.4RC1 at this point and RC2 that will be out this week would be even more stable. As far as importing data into the forum you can use FUDAPI for this purpose (fudapi.inc.php) available in later releases.

Search table rebuilding can be done via rebuild control panel, if you want to do it manually that's where you can borrow code from.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: new installation and import of old "core data" [message #29907 is a reply to message #29892] Mon, 23 January 2006 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Thank you Ilia for your response. I will then wait for the RC2.

Quote:

FUDAPI for this purpose (fudapi.inc.php) available in later releases.

Is this API already included in RC2 as well? Does it allow to import selective data - opposing to the import datadump functionality in earlier versions?

Philipp
Re: new installation and import of old "core data" [message #29920 is a reply to message #29907] Tue, 24 January 2006 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
FUDAPI has been around for a few versions now, it provides functions to importing an extracting data from the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: new installation and import of old "core data" [message #29941 is a reply to message #29920] Tue, 24 January 2006 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome - thanks Ilia for your help!

Philipp
Re: new installation and import of old "core data" [message #29963 is a reply to message #29892] Thu, 26 January 2006 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi ilia,

i just installed the rc2. I looked at the fudapi and decided that i will first try to migrate the whole data to the new verison.
So i did a datadump of the old version and tried to import it into the rc2 one. I got following error:

(/myiisfolder/subsys/forum/include/theme/default/db.inc:78
/myiisfolder/subsys/forum/include/theme/default/db.inc:150
/myiisfolder/subsys/forum/adm/admimport.php:116
) 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Query: SHOW TABLES LIKE 'fud26_%'
_POST: array ( 'S' => '99b8542e5dfd7f054c8bb2c85a392cbb', 'SQ' => '54d24eb65df4ffecc20544c89a4959ac', 'path' => '/myiisfolder/forum/FUDforum_26_01_2006_03_13.fud.gz', 'btn_submit' => 'Import Data', )
Server Version: 4.0.24_Debian-4.dotdeb.0-log
[Referring Page] http://myiisfolder/subsys/forum/adm/admimport.php?S=99b8542e5dfd7f054c8bb2c 85a392cbb&SQ=54d24eb65df4ffecc20544c89a4959ac

why did that happen and how can i fix it?
The export ended with "Processing directory: /myiisfolder/forum/images/avatars" and not with a "DONE" or something like that. I don't know if it worked properly as well. Please help as soon as possible - the old forum is offline at this point of time!

Thanks in advance,

Philipp

[Updated on: Thu, 26 January 2006 03:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: new installation and import of old "core data" [message #29964 is a reply to message #29963] Thu, 26 January 2006 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The error looks to be a MySQL timeout, you may want to raise the timeout value for the duration of the import.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: new installation and import of old "core data" [message #30027 is a reply to message #29964] Mon, 30 January 2006 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ilia,

i took myself time to think about what you wrote last. The problem is that I'm not hosting myself, have no ssh access on that server and no root privileges. So i can't change the mysql timeout directly on the server.

I searched the web and found nothing except "mysqli_options" (MYSQLI_OPT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT) what seems to be the wrong option anyway. Do you know how i can change the mysql timeout via script or mysql-shell? Maybe something similiar than "ini_set" for php?

Thank you,

Philipp
Re: new installation and import of old "core data" [message #30031 is a reply to message #30027] Mon, 30 January 2006 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
MySQL timeout canno be changed via php settings, since it is a mysql configuration option. Check the MySQL manual, you maybe able to do it on a per-connection basis via the SET command.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: new installation and import of old "core data" [message #30086 is a reply to message #30031] Fri, 03 February 2006 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Ilia,

hard to find - but finally i have something that sounds a bit like it: wait_timeout -> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/server-system-variables.html (the last one on the page)

But I'm still not so sure if that is the right setting.
By the way, can you tell me direction please on where i have to put something like that in the FUD code for the import?

Thanks,

Philipp
Re: new installation and import of old "core data" [message #30110 is a reply to message #30086] Sat, 04 February 2006 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
wait_timeout sounds like the option you are looking for.
You can put a query to execute this setting at the top of the import script, below fud_use() lines.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: new installation and import of old "core data" [message #30154 is a reply to message #30110] Tue, 07 February 2006 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ilia,

neither of both - the script that i want to import nor the fud forum import script "admimport.php" has a fud_use() line. Which one do you mean and where should i put it instead?

If it helps, i can send you the scripts, just tell me.

Philipp

Re: new installation and import of old "core data" [message #30159 is a reply to message #30154] Wed, 08 February 2006 00:54 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Just put the query somewhere right after you establish the database connection.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: IMAP Extension
Next Topic: How Do I Create An Intergrated Email List AND Forum?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 15:31:28 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02955 seconds