FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » a 2.7.4RC2 install problem [bug?]
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
a 2.7.4RC2 install problem [bug?] [message #30002] Sun, 29 January 2006 08:33 Go to next message
DaveQB is currently offline  DaveQB   Australia
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user

Trying to install the above mentioned version and on the first form i am getting this invalid error.

Your WWW_ROOT does not correspond with the SERVER_ROOT path you have specified. (unable to retrive: http://forums.wspirates.com/WWW_ROOT_CHECK, on disk as: /home/wspirates/domains/forums.wspirates.com/public_html/WWW_ROOT_CHECK, received data: w/error: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

These are the same values i have used with a few 2.7.3 installs. I have also double checked them and they are definately correct.

Thought i would post this, as it seems a problem.
Re: a 2.7.4RC2 install problem [bug?] [message #30003 is a reply to message #30002] Sun, 29 January 2006 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list

I deleted out the part in the install.php that checks the WWW path's and thus it allowed me to continue.

Now running a consitency check i get

Disabling the forum for the duration of maintenance run
Locking the database for checking
(/home/wspirates/domains/forums.wspirates.com/FUDforumwsp/include/theme/default/db.inc:78
/home/wspirates/domains/forums.wspirates.com/FUDforumwsp/include/theme/default/db.inc:209
/home/wspirates/domains/forums.wspirates.com/public_html/adm/consist.php:135
) 1146: Table 'wspirates.aforum' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT id FROM aforum
_POST: array ( 'conf' => 'Yes', 'S' => 'e74b2ccbaa51d39a453fdc17e4154b80', 'SQ' => 'eb18ff8c9674f51a5ea0f8f52a2d2e7c', )
Server Version: 4.1.16
[Referring Page] http://forums.wspirates.com/adm/consist.php?S=e74b2ccbaa51d39a453fdc17e4154b80&SQ=eb18ff8c9674f51a5ea0f8f52a2d2e7c

It seems it doesnt like capitals in the table prefix.

Off to install again .....
Re: a 2.7.4RC2 install problem [bug?] [message #30017 is a reply to message #30003] Sun, 29 January 2006 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
What is your database prefix "a"??

As far as the original error, try to see if you can replicate it in a small example. Create /home/wspirates/domains/forums.wspirates.com/public_html/WWW_ROOT_CHECK file and then try to open it with PHP's file_get_contents() function via the "http://forums.wspirates.com/WWW_ROOT_CHECK" path. If you get an error, then this is not forum, but a PHP issue.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: a 2.7.4RC2 install problem [bug?] [message #30098 is a reply to message #30002] Sat, 04 February 2006 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list

Yeah i used a for the prefix. Didn't want a prefix at all, but its makes you use one so went with 'a'.

Tried your suggestion.

david@anubis /home/wspirates/domains/forums.wspirates.com/public_html $ tail ../logs/error_log

PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(http://forums.wspirates.com/WWW_ROOT_CHECK) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: Resource temporarily unavailable in /home/wspirates/domains/forums.wspirates.com/public_html/test.php on line 2

david@anubis /home/wspirates/domains/forums.wspirates.com/public_html $ ls WWW_ROOT_CHECK -l
-rw-rw-r--  1 david david 18 Jan 30 05:33 WWW_ROOT_CHECK

david@anubis /home/wspirates/domains/forums.wspirates.com/public_html $ cat test.php
<?php
 file_get_contents("http://forums.wspirates.com/WWW_ROOT_CHECK");

?>

Hope this helps.

Re: a 2.7.4RC2 install problem [bug?] [message #30109 is a reply to message #30098] Sat, 04 February 2006 14:49 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
Looks like your PHP does not support opening URLs on the local server. This is not a forum problem, you can avoid the error message during install, by editing install.php and uncommenting the following line:
ini_set("allow_url_fopen", 0);

FUDforum Core Developer
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: HTML
Next Topic: Newinstallation on Windows IIS5 Server
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jul 23 02:02:35 EDT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00679 seconds