FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » show user name instead of alias
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
show user name instead of alias [message #30338] Sun, 19 February 2006 00:52 Go to next message
thomask is currently offline  thomask   Germany
Hi,

I want to use Fudforum with egroupware on a server administrated by Confixx (http://www.confixx.de/), where users are named webxpy (web1p1, web1p2, web1p3 etc.).

Because I would like to authenticate users by mail account, the egroupware users are also named web1p1 etc.
In Fudforum the users are shown with this name, too - but it would be nice if it could show full user names instead of alias/login name as the author of a topic etc.

Is there a way to replace this alias/login name in a few (main) templates ? Which files I have to change, and which variables I have to use ?

Thank you,
Regards

Karsten

Re: show user name instead of alias [message #30350 is a reply to message #30338] Sun, 19 February 2006 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, the main templates you'd need to edit would be:
usrinfo.tmpl, index.tmpl, thread.tmpl and threadt.tmpl

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: show user name instead of alias [message #30353 is a reply to message #30350] Sun, 19 February 2006 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Ilia,

thank you for your answer.

First I thought that I just would have to change "alias" to "name" at a few places. So I looked at the code for about two hours, but there are lot of variables and procedures, it seems to be a quite complex code Smile
So I decided to leave it and use fudforum with default templates. It would be a very nice feature for every Confixx-user, but in case of an update it will be much easier without changing the code ...

Thank you for the great software !

Best Regards,

Karsten
Re: show user name instead of alias [message #30363 is a reply to message #30353] Mon, 20 February 2006 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
It is impossible to anticipate and provide functionality for every possible mod, it would make the forum extremely slow. The code is there, what you want to do is not particular ly hard, simply a lot of boring find & replace work across the templates I've indicated.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: show user name instead of alias [message #30369 is a reply to message #30363] Mon, 20 February 2006 16:56 Go to previous message
yes, I understand.
I see, it´s impossible to anticipate any function, and fudforum is top (as it is now).

I wasn´t sure if I have to replace 'alias' by 'name' or some other strings at other places.
Is there a documentation about variables I can use ?

One point 'contra' is that in case of updates I have to replace the strings again and again ... Rolling Eyes
I will look again and think about it.

Thank you,

Karsten
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: fudforum lost filelocations?
Next Topic: file-permissions error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 05 13:50:01 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02883 seconds