FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Permissions behavior tweak
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Permissions behavior tweak [message #30683] Wed, 08 March 2006 17:23 Go to next message
Crimson is currently offline  Crimson   United States
Since a "moderated forum" requires ALL posts to be moderated without an option to only moderate new topics, I have created an "approval queue" forum where users have permission to post new topics, but not to read these posts. (Moderators would "approve" these messages by moving them to the appropriate forum)

All Registered Users have the following perms: Visible, Post, Use Smilies, Use Image Tags. In the description of the forum, I added a hyperlink to where the "post new topic" button would take you (/index.php?t=post&frm_id=45) which gets the users to the appropriate form. If they use the "preview" option, they can see what their post will look like.

HOWEVER, when they submit their post, the forum software obviously tries to bring them to their actual post. However, since users don't have the "Read" permission, they can't see their own post and they get an error.

So, my suggestion is: if the user doesn't have permission to read posts in a forum they just posted in, redirect them to the home page or any other location you think might be appropriate.

Thanks!
Re: Permissions behavior tweak [message #30698 is a reply to message #30683] Thu, 09 March 2006 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Added in CVS, the patch can be found here:
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=7561

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Permissions behavior tweak [message #30703 is a reply to message #30683] Thu, 09 March 2006 20:52 Go to previous message
Crimson is currently offline  Crimson   United States
Sweet -- that's why I love FUDforum. Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Minimum message length
Next Topic: Mobile option
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 13:29:21 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04257 seconds