FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » fud <-> email gateway
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
fud <-> email gateway [message #3543] Sat, 29 June 2002 23:18 Go to next message
Marticus   United States
I am looking for a way to link a forum and a mailing list (similar to the usenet -> email gateways that have been around since the dawn of time). Is something available in FUD?
Re: fud <-> email gateway [message #3547 is a reply to message #3543] Sun, 30 June 2002 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Not at the moment.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: fud <-> email gateway [message #3551 is a reply to message #3543] Sun, 30 June 2002 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus   United States
Is someone working on one? How soon before one is made? How difficult would it be to write one? If there are no existing projects, I would be interested in either making one myself, or paying someone to make one for me.
Re: fud <-> email gateway [message #3552 is a reply to message #3551] Sun, 30 June 2002 18:14 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I had not considered adding such functionality to FUDforum, so there are no plans in regard to when such feature would be available.
I suspect it may take some time to implement such a feature, the difficulty would mostly depend on the needed functionality as well as how the mailing list operates. For example, would a forum need to retrieve message from a POP3 client or would the data from mailing list be injected into a forum via procmail.

If you do require such a feature and want me to design it, contact me in private via email at ilia(at)prohost(dot)org and we can discuss what would such a venture take.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Edit button appears only as long as edit time is left
Next Topic: Getting a value at different templates
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 25 01:27:22 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01991 seconds