FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » fud <-> email gateway
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
fud <-> email gateway [message #3543] Sat, 29 June 2002 19:18 Go to next message
Marticus   United States
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
I am looking for a way to link a forum and a mailing list (similar to the usenet -> email gateways that have been around since the dawn of time). Is something available in FUD?
Re: fud <-> email gateway [message #3547 is a reply to message #3543] Sun, 30 June 2002 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
Not at the moment.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: fud <-> email gateway [message #3551 is a reply to message #3543] Sun, 30 June 2002 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus   United States
add to buddy list
Is someone working on one? How soon before one is made? How difficult would it be to write one? If there are no existing projects, I would be interested in either making one myself, or paying someone to make one for me.
Re: fud <-> email gateway [message #3552 is a reply to message #3551] Sun, 30 June 2002 14:14 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
I had not considered adding such functionality to FUDforum, so there are no plans in regard to when such feature would be available.
I suspect it may take some time to implement such a feature, the difficulty would mostly depend on the needed functionality as well as how the mailing list operates. For example, would a forum need to retrieve message from a POP3 client or would the data from mailing list be injected into a forum via procmail.

If you do require such a feature and want me to design it, contact me in private via email at ilia(at)prohost(dot)org and we can discuss what would such a venture take.

FUDforum Core Developer
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Edit button appears only as long as edit time is left
Next Topic: Getting a value at different templates
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 04:48:40 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00647 seconds