FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Newbie needs help in installation
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Newbie needs help in installation [message #31321] Mon, 17 April 2006 20:17 Go to next message
xsenon is currently offline  xsenon   Germany
Hi Smile

I am really surprised by the effectiveness the fudforum offers. That is the reason why i decided to install my Forum by usage of this Software.
But unforunatly my PHP Knowledge ist pretty low and the installation did not work out of the box.

I copied all the files to ftp::/myhomepage.de/forum/
and started the installation by executing /myhomepage.de/forum/install.php.

But i allways get the error message, that the Install script failed to create "/homepages/7/d68446624/FUDforum/". I am supposed to create it manually and chmod it 777 or make it's user/group same as the web-server (p666666/ftpusers).

I have no clue what to do and i also do not know about these strange pathnames ( what the heck is /homepage/7/... ? I never created this directory.

Since my english is not that good, i caputered the screen. I wohld be very gratefull, if somebdy could help me.

xsenon
Re: Newbie needs help in installation [message #31322 is a reply to message #31321] Mon, 17 April 2006 22:28 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The directory where you want to install the forum into should be created by YOU and chmoded 777. That is the only thing you need to do.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FATAL ERROR
Next Topic: Forum consistency
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 19 03:05:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02597 seconds