FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Subscribing to a thread and posting new comments by email
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Subscribing to a thread and posting new comments by email [message #31760] Tue, 16 May 2006 21:59 Go to next message
Anonymous   United Kingdom
Hi - looking through the documentation I am unclear if this feature is already available or not.

I am interested in offering users two options:

1. To use the regular bulletin board features that FUDforum offers
2. If they are particularly interested in a thread to be able to "subscribe" to it and elect to get email summaries of new posts, but also to be able to post new comments by replying to that email. Comments recieved by email would then be integrated into the bulletin board online.

This post - http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=10293&&srch=emai l+integration#msg_10293 suggests that this feature is available, but I cannot find any other reference to it.

Can anyone confirm if this feature is already available?

Many thanks

Rob
Re: Subscribing to a thread and posting new comments by email [message #31773 is a reply to message #31760] Wed, 17 May 2006 13:02 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The forum does have a subscribe feature that allows notifications to be sent in response to new messages and/or topic. As far as replying via e-mail, it can be done but requires the use of the mailing list functionality.

What you need to do is make the e-mail replies go to an address that redirects e-mail to FUDforum's maillist.php script that will then import the e-mail into the forum. Read up on the mailing list integration.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: encrypted messagefiles
Next Topic: Add "members only" admin option for Action List
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 19:12:35 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02089 seconds