FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » How to install onto an existing Database?
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
How to install onto an existing Database? [message #31795] Thu, 18 May 2006 13:37 Go to next message
icarus is currently offline  icarus   Germany
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user

Hi!

I've got a huge problem. Some days ago I got a visit from an unfriendly hacker Sad He destroyed parts of my homepage including the forum. (He came in through a hole that was unknown until that moment)

He didn't destroyed the fud-data-folder and the database. But how can I install the forum onto this? Problem is as well that I used a version that hadn't stored the messages in the database but I don't know exactly which version I had.

What can I do?

Thanks!

Michael
Re: How to install onto an existing Database? [message #31804 is a reply to message #31795] Thu, 18 May 2006 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
You can try running the upgrade script, if the database and data dir are intact you should be in a good position to do that.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How to install onto an existing Database? [message #31808 is a reply to message #31804] Fri, 19 May 2006 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
icarus is currently offline  icarus   Germany
add to buddy list

Hi!

That worked. I only had to set two symlinks to the GLOBALS.php (one from the forum-root, one from the adm-folder).

Now I only have one little problem left: The umlauts (, , , , , , ) aren't correct anymore in titles. It looks like they were printed as UTF-8 although the html-header tells that the page is in ISO-8859-1. The messages are displayed okay.

I played around with "MySQL Charset Changer" to change this behaviour but nothing changed.

What can I do?

Michael
Re: How to install onto an existing Database? [message #31812 is a reply to message #31808] Fri, 19 May 2006 10:23 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
You can try changing the charset of the page in the theme manager to UTF-8 or ISO-8859-15

FUDforum Core Developer
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Install script fails after step 1
Next Topic: Early Installation Failure
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 23 10:19:46 EDT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00489 seconds