FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Install then import?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Install then import? [message #32373] Thu, 22 June 2006 22:25 Go to next message
mocara is currently offline  mocara   United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a 2.6.1 version of Fudforum, when I upgrade it goes a bit wild with the layout. I was wondering if it is possible to install a fresh 2.7.5 version of fudforum, layout the html and css how I like them, and then just import the data from my 2.6.1 version? Otherwise I have a dealy between upgrading and gettign the forum to look as it did. Or are the data formats too different?

Mocara.
Re: Install then import? [message #32381 is a reply to message #32373] Fri, 23 June 2006 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Norway
Administrator
Core Developer
You can import data from 2.6.1 into 2.7.5 your best bet would be is to upgrade to 2.7.5 and then based on the backed up templates (forum will make a backup of the changed templates automatically) re-apply your customizations.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Install then import? [message #32386 is a reply to message #32381] Fri, 23 June 2006 13:47 Go to previous message
mocara is currently offline  mocara   United Kingdom
That would work, but then I'd have a delay as I make changes. My thought was this.
Install new forum to different directory. Redo design to my choice. take /msg and a MySQL dump and put those in place. That way I have no down time and no time were my forums look messed up.

Mocara.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Email (Subscribe) notifications failing
Next Topic: No Data Matching Data
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 26 18:06:15 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03181 seconds