FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » .htaccess file automatically being create
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
.htaccess file automatically being create [message #33080] Fri, 11 August 2006 14:34 Go to next message
Ajay is currently offline  Ajay   Canada
Hello,

I am trying to install the forum on my hosted server. From what I know the php version is 4.4.2. I ran into several issues with the install and I had the administrator change some of the parameters to accommodate my install. He told me that the install script is creating the .htaccess file automatically when passed step 1. (I removed manually several times)

Is there anyway I can stop the script from creating this file or is it needed for the install?

FYI - I get to step 2 of 5 then I input the DB info and hit next and get an internal server error.

Thanks,

Ajay

[Updated on: Fri, 11 August 2006 14:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: .htaccess file automatically being create [message #33087 is a reply to message #33080] Fri, 11 August 2006 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
If you have .htaccess already or allow_url_fopen is disabled .htaccess file will not be created. Alternatively you can modify install.php and add define('old_htaccess', 1); somewhere near the top.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: .htaccess file automatically being create [message #33094 is a reply to message #33087] Fri, 11 August 2006 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have tried adding that bit of code on the top of the install file but .htaccess was still create and it still crashed during the install. Do you think .htaccess is the reason why it's not installing? What are the other possible issues that could cause this?

I have asked the adminstrators at my hosting company to set allow_url_fopen to disabled and was told it was already set!

Should I get the Administrators to enable allow_url_fopen for the install?

Thanks for your reply.

Ajay

[Updated on: Sat, 12 August 2006 19:18]

Re: .htaccess file automatically being create [message #33117 is a reply to message #33094] Sat, 12 August 2006 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Try to apply the following patch to the installer script
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=11550

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: .htaccess file automatically being create [message #33138 is a reply to message #33117] Sat, 12 August 2006 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have altered the coding in the "htaccess_handler" function and the .htaccess is still being created. I have attached 2 screen shot one my install and one of a snip-it of code I edited (as instructed).

I kind of lost now and not sure what my next step should be.

[Updated on: Sat, 12 August 2006 20:21]

Re: .htaccess file automatically being create [message #33147 is a reply to message #33138] Sun, 13 August 2006 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you have define(old_htaccess) in the installer you need to remove it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: .htaccess file automatically being create [message #33152 is a reply to message #33147] Sun, 13 August 2006 19:27 Go to previous message
Quick and smart thinking. That’s exactly what I forgot to alter.

Thanks a bunch.

Ajay
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Help
Next Topic: using xampp on windows PHP5 install fails
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 09:06:30 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02057 seconds