FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Help
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Help [message #33142] Sun, 13 August 2006 10:06 Go to next message
MicKPM is currently offline  MicKPM   United Kingdom
Hello everyone - Before I continue I have a confession to make...

... I actually liked phpBB2 Embarassed

I know, I know it's nothing to be proud of or to shout about but i'm a complete new'b to Opensource, php, MySQL and basically anything to do with creation of web based information so I didn't really know any better and i had seen several other sites use it so I assumed it was the norm. Anyway, as ignorance isn't a valid excuse I became hell bent on mending my misguided ways and set out to find something else... somethign new and last night i stumbled across FUD Forum Very Happy and there was celebration thoughout the house Rolling Eyes

OK, so i'm being a bit melodramatic and a drama queen

I was so impressed by the standard features that I had to use it and i've installed it alongside Drupal (This seems to be a good combination of CMS/Forum at the minute). I've managed to install the forums fine but I can't seem to get Drupal to intergrate without errors. I've used the search but have so far turned up nothing of any use so I thought I'd post up and write a small novel (Aka introduction) alongside my cry.

I am getting the following error:

warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'apache@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /var/www/vhosts/renaultsportsclub.com/httpdocs/drupal-4.7.3/modules/fudforum.module on line 24.

Now the one thing that I can see is that the folder "FUDForum2/forum" is currently owned by "apache". Is this possibly the reason why I am getting the above error and if so, is the ownership correct as i'm supprised to see it not owned by "root"?

Many thanks for reading this and appologies if it's sent you to sleep or made you think "Oh my Lord, what's this guy on".

Regards,

Mick
Re: Help [message #33148 is a reply to message #33142] Sun, 13 August 2006 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The FUDforum development team did not participate in the creation of the drupal/FUDforum link. You'd need to ask the author of that module for assistance.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Help [message #33149 is a reply to message #33148] Sun, 13 August 2006 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MicKPM is currently offline  MicKPM   United Kingdom
And that point we both agree on but my question wasn't about the Drupal/Fud forum module. I was asking if the ownership of the sub folder "forum" created by your installtion script was correctly set as "apache" rather than "root" and if not if it is responsible for the error message I was recieving?

Mick
Re: Help [message #33150 is a reply to message #33149] Sun, 13 August 2006 15:05 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The ownership of a directory is in no way related to MySQL settings. The forum runs as the web server user as would ANY php script executed.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: "Failed getting archive size from" when installing
Next Topic: .htaccess file automatically being create
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 13:01:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02808 seconds