FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Tree-View / 2.76 RC1 / Non-IE-Browsers only
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Tree-View / 2.76 RC1 / Non-IE-Browsers only [message #33330] Sun, 27 August 2006 06:39 Go to next message
alopezie is currently offline  alopezie   Germany
We upgraded vom 2.73 last night to the new 2.76 RC1

Since that the shown entry in the Tree-View does not change any more, if you click on the list of postings. It works OK in Internet Explorer, but not in Seamonkey and Firefox. We also have a repoort that Opera did make problems, but we could not check.

Looks like a Javascript issue.
By the way one user said that with IE the speed did much increase ... so most likely there have been changes here in the meantime.

See Alopezie.de

Alopezie.de - das Forum zum Thema Haarausfall
Re: Tree-View / 2.76 RC1 / Non-IE-Browsers only [message #33338 is a reply to message #33330] Sun, 27 August 2006 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
It most definitely works in Firefox, Safari and Opera. Even on your forum, I've tried it on a sample thread and it worked perfectly.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon6.gif  Strange thing [message #33349 is a reply to message #33338] Sun, 27 August 2006 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alopezie is currently offline  alopezie   Germany
Trying again ... I admit that I at first thought to have dreamed.

It worked now with my Seamonkey 1.0.2
Anyhow Firefox 1.5.04 did not work again.

So I tried again on a second PC, which just has an older Mozilla 1.8 alpha on it and an IE 6. The second one worked, the first one not.

Okay, hard to get a rational explanation from that in the moment. Maybe it is also connected to PC-specific things. Let´s see whether someone else has a similar problem or not.

Just to mention another thing which I noted:
The upgrade process confused the "views" numbers in the listing of threads. A post from me this morning had more than 2900 views by noon (impossible), while some older postings did only have a few ones

Alopezie.de - das Forum zum Thema Haarausfall
Re: Strange thing [message #33371 is a reply to message #33349] Mon, 28 August 2006 22:44 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, I have Firefox 1.5.04 in here on a Mac and PC it works fine both on your forum and this forum.

The upgrade does not touch the topic views, so I don't see how this would be caused by he upgrade.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Missing Charset Content-Type declaration in NNTP Posts
Next Topic: error on logout
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 16 09:22:23 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02366 seconds