FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » migrating to other server and other OS
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
migrating to other server and other OS [message #33899] Mon, 25 September 2006 18:38 Go to next message
kroku is currently offline  kroku   Poland
i made dump on linux (fud 2.7.5) and i tried restore it to winxp (fud 2.7.5) but after it some tables are empty (but on linux they weren't):
`fud26_index`
`fud26_level`
`fud26_mime`
`fud26_msg`
`fud26_pmsg`
`fud26_read`
`fud26_search`
`fud26_smiley`
`fud26_themes`
`fud26_thread`
`fud26_thread_notify`
`fud26_title_index`
`fud26_users` (cause of it i even cannot login)

some other previously existing tables weren't created:
`fud26_fl_[n]`
`fud26_tv_[n]`
where [n] are the numbers

and in fields `fud26_attach.location` where are paths to files... paths weren't upgraded to current paths on the new server

Whats wrong Question That's very annoying Sad

[Updated on: Tue, 03 October 2006 15:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: migrating to other server and other OS [message #33906 is a reply to message #33899] Tue, 26 September 2006 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
1.7.5? Wow that's a really old version, have you considered upgrading to something a bit more recent?

FUDforum Core Developer
Odp: Re: migrating to other server and other OS [message #33917 is a reply to message #33906] Wed, 27 September 2006 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uuu sorry 2.7.5 Embarassed Laughing Cool
Re: Odp: Re: migrating to other server and other OS [message #33929 is a reply to message #33917] Wed, 27 September 2006 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Did you run the consistency checker after the import (you can make it run via command line by commenting out a few lines near the top of the file) ?

FUDforum Core Developer
Odp: Re: Odp: Re: migrating to other server and other OS [message #33937 is a reply to message #33929] Thu, 28 September 2006 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So... I imported database from previous server by phpmyadmin and changed patches to attachments in notepad (in exported table).
And forum works fine Smile
However would it made any sens to run consistency checker if tables like smileys, themes or users weren't imported (after importing datadump they were empty) Question
ps: firstly i restored by hand users table and after running consistency checker my mysql server hanged up (hope correctly written Wink )

[Updated on: Fri, 29 September 2006 09:12]

Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: migrating to other server and other OS [message #33948 is a reply to message #33937] Thu, 28 September 2006 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Some tables contain cached data and therefor are not imported, consistency checker will rebuild the cache and restore those tables and their data as needed.

Some tables you mentioned should've definitely had entries in them. Have you tried grepping the data dump to see if the data was there?

FUDforum Core Developer
Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: migrating to other server and other OS [message #33968 is a reply to message #33948] Fri, 29 September 2006 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, tables are in datadump.
Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: migrating to other server and other OS [message #33984 is a reply to message #33968] Sat, 30 September 2006 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Including their data?

FUDforum Core Developer
Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: migrating to other server and other OS [message #33986 is a reply to message #33984] Sat, 30 September 2006 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, tables with data.
Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: migrating to other server and other OS [message #34027 is a reply to message #33986] Sun, 01 October 2006 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Would it be possible to get a copy of the dump? From your description it would appear that there is a bug with the import script.

FUDforum Core Developer
Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: migrating to other server and other OS [message #34052 is a reply to message #34027] Mon, 02 October 2006 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe... But it was only testing, because i moved 2.6.x (i don't remember x Wink ) year ago and in the result most posts were mixed between many forums Sad So I wanted to test if it happen again. The good thing is, that yesterday i tried the same dump on linux and it worked OK. Only paths to attachments weren't changed and i had to do this by hand. I sent you needed info about dump via PM.
Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: migrating to other server and other OS [message #34057 is a reply to message #34052] Tue, 03 October 2006 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
As far as attachments go there is actually a code bit inside admimport.php script to deal with that, so I'll need to see why it did not work.

Did the Windows machine where you attempted to perform the import use the same MySQL/PHP versions?

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Tue, 03 October 2006 14:44]

Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: migrating to other server and other OS [message #34059 is a reply to message #34057] Tue, 03 October 2006 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
linux (old server) <=> win <=> linux (new server)
Apache 1.3.37 <=> 1.3.29 <=> 1.3.37
PHP 4.4.4 <=> 4.3.4 <=> 4.4.4
MySQL 4.0.27-standard <=> MySQL 3.23.58 <=> 4.1.21-standard
There's only big diffrence is mysql version...
I forgot one thing. In smiley table I changed length of code field to 255. I hope it doesn't matter while making/importing datadump.
Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: migrating to other server and other OS [message #34061 is a reply to message #34059] Tue, 03 October 2006 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The file path issue was resolved, patch can be found here:
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=11618

I suspect it happened because the theme building failed (when I tried to import your dump into 2.7.6 it failed due to a missing message entry) and the path correction code was never reached. I've now moved it up, so it happens right after the import of data to be independent of the theme building process.

FUDforum Core Developer
Correcting old attachment paths after forum migration (Re: migrating to other server and other OS) [message #40283 is a reply to message #34057] Sun, 03 February 2008 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
Ilia wrote on Tue, 03 October 2006 07:41

As far as attachments go there is actually a code bit inside admimport.php script to deal with that, so I'll need to see why it did not work.

Did the Windows machine where you attempted to perform the import use the same MySQL/PHP versions?

Ilia,
My forum is unable to use the admexport/import processes, and when I recently moved it I was unable to keep the file path the same for the attachment directory. It would be nice if the check and fix for the correct attachment filepath could be added to the forum consistency check, or given its own admin process.
Re: Correcting old attachment paths after forum migration (Re: migrating to other server and other O [message #40350 is a reply to message #40283] Fri, 15 February 2008 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAD35th is currently offline  BAD35th   Canada
What version FUD are you exporting from _____ , importing to _____ ??

I am having similar problem importing into 2.7.7, after import aborts and I try to navigate to any other page I get Server 500 error and have to re-install FUD to fix.
Re: Correcting old attachment paths after forum migration (Re: migrating to other server and other O [message #43580 is a reply to message #40350] Wed, 18 June 2008 18:07 Go to previous message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
Hello,
Sorry it took so long for me to see this message. I currently use a version of 2.7.7 which I have customized - my changes affect the database and some of the scripts. I think FUDforum was at 2.7.5 when I started. When Ilia puts out a new release I reincorporate my changes and build them on a test forum before copying them over to my live one.

I think my script problems may have been related to the size of the database. Hitting either size or processing limits on the server installation would kill the scripts. But, I just gave up on them. I use phpmyadmin to backup the database, and FTP to backup the files.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: open_basedir limitation
Next Topic: Newsgroup imports fails with Missing Forum ID Parameter
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 24 21:09:23 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03009 seconds